Size progress, RES morphs and other tips from the pros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta Canada Eh
So you guys lucky enough to own carmels and other amazing res, what are you feeding them to get 6 inch turtles in 2-3 years? how big are the tanks, vitamins, even uvb types? I want to know how you guys are making such progress without the dreaded shell curl?
Also for you guys/gals with albinos how blind are they? any way to help them out with vision and still have heat and UVB bulbs close enough to do anything?
And for turtles how diffrent is the punnett square? albino x albino gives what % or carmel x albino ect ect and how do the Hets pan out?
This is a brave new world for me and i cant seem to dig up any decent threads.....

Shredder

5 Year Member
i think a variety of food is important & if u want them to get big feed often, i fed my caramels often so theyd grow fast. i scheduled feeding days ,one day theyre on pellets then the next greens & treats.

Hustler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta Canada Eh
There are so few breeders up here in alberta you have to trade more than a radiated is worth for an albino res... Im doing my very best to make sure im getting it right on the money, I dont want to power feed em just want a good honest growth. And know what i will get for mixes before i start breeding....even then its for my own stock or pass them off to friends as you cant sell them here in alberta..... crazy laws for shelled friends up here.....

Shredder

5 Year Member
Hustler said:
There are so few breeders up here in alberta you have to trade more than a radiated is worth for an albino res... Im doing my very best to make sure im getting it right on the money, I dont want to power feed em just want a good honest growth. And know what i will get for mixes before i start breeding....even then its for my own stock or pass them off to friends as you cant sell them here in alberta..... crazy laws for shelled friends up here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.