Air Quality - hope everyone is well

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Hoping all our Quebecois and US East Coast human and tort members are able to breath freely soon enough. We can CA go thru this often enough, you have my sympathies...

My family is across the river from Manhattan and the attached image was accurate. Hopefully its more a Quantum of Solace day than a Blade Runner day today...

Attachments

• air quality.jpg
    air quality.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I saw pictures of the smokey air last night on the news. Whew! We had our share of wildfires here, but I don't remember our air quality being that bad.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I saw pictures of the smokey air last night on the news. Whew! We had our share of wildfires here, but I don't remember our air quality being that bad.

We've definitely had "children of men" level, but I don't remember hitting Dune level in the 20 years I've been here...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yesterday wasn't really as bad as Thursday where I am. Today has been even better. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be getting some rain ☔ from Canada. The very same people that gave us all that smoke. It will be a win win.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's killing me. Usually takes me an hour to wash my truck. Took me 4 hours today because I had to keep going in the house to catch my breath. My lungs are ultrasensitive to stuff :(
The smoke is probably moving slowly south. That's how I was Thursday. I have COPD and emphazema. Hopefully we'll all get the promised rain tomorrow. A breath of fresh air.🤗

ND135

Maryland
Hoping all our Quebecois and US East Coast human and tort members are able to breath freely soon enough. We can CA go thru this often enough, you have my sympathies...

My family is across the river from Manhattan and the attached image was accurate. Hopefully its more a Quantum of Solace day than a Blade Runner day today...
I hope you are all ok too ❤️

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
The smoke is probably moving slowly south. That's how I was Thursday. I have COPD and emphazema. Hopefully we'll all get the promised rain tomorrow. A breath of fresh air.🤗
Supposed to get rain tomorrow night. First rain in 3 weeks. I hope you're right!

ND135

Maryland
I’m sorry. Please take care! I also have asthma early COPD but the air quality where we are was not as bad as NYC!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It's pretty cleared out in NYC. Kerry's Dad is back up North for the summer and at 93, he was getting his butt kicked so bad that he actually stayed indoors last week, something he doesn't do well normally.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Supposed to get rain tomorrow night. First rain in 3 weeks. I hope you're right!
We got some rain and it was the nice kind today. It was just slow and steady and sinking in. Hopefully we won't get flooding douwnpoors later and it stays slow and steady.