Aiding previous pyramiding

GaretMac

Location (City and/or State)
Austin Texas
Hey all!

I really appreciate the help provided previously about my nervousness over not eating during the acclimation process. She is now eating very well on fresh untreated grasses and weeds from the yard, turnip greens, strawberry, geranium, and cucumber leaves from the garden, cacti in moderation, dandelion, wheat grass, Timothy hay, and ZooMed grassland pellets moistened.

Guadalupe (Gaudy) was purchased two weeks ago. She is in a 50 gallon long tank, coir substrate, humidity at 80-85%, temperature raised with in the first week per advice from 75-95 F to 80-100 F, UVB long lamp, spot light basking 65W, ceramic infrared 100W, shallow water dish to soak in, and a hiding log I soak in water for humidity. She also receives daily soaks and yard turn outs.

We were told she was about a year old upon purchase. She does seem to have some pretty significant pyramiding going on. My question is aside from humidity, diet, sun, and exercise is there anything else I should do for her?

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1462822321.090152.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a beautiful shell. Just keep her warm and humid and hopefully the new growth will start coming in more level.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Daily soaks, high humidity, and spraying the shell with water several times a day will help.

And you need a much larger enclosure. A 50 is fine for a tiny hatchling, but way too small for yours.

GaretMac

Austin Texas
I agree and am working on a larger enclosure. I have a box built that is 5 feet x 8 feet but am running through options to maintain temperature and humidity especially with the pyramiding she's already experienced. Guady is 6in SCL. It's my understanding that is still too small to move outdoors full time. Is this correct?