after 2 days of work, i expanded the Russian Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
now all I need is the flowers.... it seems all the old ones have been eaten, or squished.....

Russianpen009.jpg

Coco exiting
Russianpen005.jpg

Nevermind mom, i came back out for the fresh roses
Russianpen006.jpg

oh wow this one smells good

Russianpen010.jpg

" I cant believe she let that horrible tort out..how rude, We need to gang up on her next time she feeds us"

Russianpen007.jpg

I am so over you ladies

Russianpen002.jpg

"why do women grip so much? especially when we got this new grass"

Russianpen004.jpg

Russianpen003.jpg

the little inside pen is for coco, on his time out, if he gets out, no big deal, but he needs chill time after i get a second hide

Russianpen001.jpg

new hide idea... H blocks

Russianpen012.jpg

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
LOVE pic #6!! The expanded enclosure looks great! Very spacious :)
I can't wait to have a herd of torts some day :D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Well gee, thanks for making my new enclosure look like a postage stamp :D

Seriously though, that is awesome that you can give them that much space! It looks great.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Admit it Terra, you are happy to have your new enclosure finished so you can stand upright again and enjoy the view! ;)

How's your back? :D

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
My back is killing me, so is my neck!
My husband is kind of upset about all the space i took up.. you want to know why?

Cause I took up to much space, the dog needs more pooping area, he say's! I say pick up your dogs poop daily and he wont need more space!

Yeah right, i have to do that.. so that means the dog can poop on the other side of the yard....

We do have a nice size lot for being in the city..I dont think i will ever move.. oh wait.. in 2 yrs my rent will go up, i might move then.. anything over 1700 a month is way to much!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Time to take the plunge and get a mortgage...then all that money will be going (slowly) toward owning your own little plot. :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Love the H block idea. I'm stealing that one. But don't worry, I'll give you credit as the inventor. Your enclosure looks great.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
terracolson said:
No worries Tom,

I tell you its great! they LOVE IT!!

hows my girl?

Millie is great. I'm keeping her name too. I fed her a roach yesterday and it somehow climbed on her back when she lunged for it. She was reaching around with her mouth open and jumping around, trying like heck to get it. It was a turtle/roach rodeo. I was dying laughing. I didn't have my camera or I'd have posted the worlds funniest video on youtube.

She's gotten comfortable in her outdoor pen now too. She used to bury herself within minutes. Today she stayed up and about for 20 minutes or so.

She ignores just about everything non-meaty, but I'll keep offering it anyway.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Tom said:
I fed her a roach yesterday and it somehow climbed on her back when she lunged for it. She was reaching around with her mouth open and jumping around, trying like heck to get it. It was a turtle/roach rodeo. I was dying laughing. I didn't have my camera or I'd have posted the worlds funniest video on youtube.

Whoa, that's a laugh-while-you-cringe tale! I guess you have no emotional attachment to the roach that rode. :rolleyes:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Stephanie Logan said:
Tom said:
I fed her a roach yesterday and it somehow climbed on her back when she lunged for it. She was reaching around with her mouth open and jumping around, trying like heck to get it. It was a turtle/roach rodeo. I was dying laughing. I didn't have my camera or I'd have posted the worlds funniest video on youtube.

Whoa, that's a laugh-while-you-cringe tale! I guess you have no emotional attachment to the roach that rode. :rolleyes:

No. When I got done laughing, I pulled the roach off and put it back on her plate. She promptly and unceremoniously ate it. Then I fed her two more. I love my little friends, but I am raising most of them for animal food. I have a family friend coming tomorrow to do a class project on bugs. She needs 16 different species of insects. I told her she can do some one stop shopping.

terracolson said:
I knew she had great character! You must try to reenact that one!

Actually, I do intend to try, but I don't know if I can make it happen just right. You'll see it if I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.