Advise on our sulcata

Shellbiesfamily

Here is a photo with my daughter holding Shellbie. Our tortoise has grown a lot from the time we choose it until now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

Shellbiesfamily

Here's a picture from the day we picked our tortoise up from the reptile shop.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

Shellbiesfamily

This is a picture of Shellbie when we picked it out at the reptile shop a few months ago. We went into the shop at least once a week to check on Shellbie until we brought him home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

DawnH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
Did they give you a hatch day when you bought him? Looking at your daughter holding him, he looks around the same size my guy did when he was a year old but they all grow very differently. The photo below is what he looked like at a year and a half. The other is him at 5 weeks old. Regardless, he is a cutie and this site will help you get him right as rain!!

tuleo.jpg

cutest.jpg

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Yes. smooth and small is how i can tell Dawns pic above is a baby. It takes some time to achieve any tyoe of pyramiding which shelbie seemed to have had when you first saw her/him. Just treat shelbie as a newborn using the techniques this forum advises and the pyramiding will spread out and look smoother as he/she grows...high humidy with 24/7 high temps(above 80f). Enjoy

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Last edited: