Advice on what to do for winter?

Peter Williams

5 Year Member
Here is a video I just shot of my two sulcata enclosures, I'm looking for advice on what to do with my big guy Dozer's pen for the winter. Currently I'm imagining an airplane hangar style greenhouse built over top of it so the snow stays off the ground and the sun heats it up during the day. His heated house is solid and fully insulated. He's good there, its just tenting off the rest of the enclosure I've gotta deal with.

If you have any suggestions let me know!! Video starts with some ball python clutch cutting, if you're not into that skip to 3:36!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, I have two suggestions. One, take the greenhouse and split it down the center. Giving each one a side. Then they both have room to walk, get warmed up and stay warm, but not with each other. Then, you can let them have outside time, if you can split the outside of that shed, for when they want to wonder outside. Sulcata said will go out in the snow and can, as long as they have a warm place to go too.

Second, sink some PVC pipe in the middle of the Dozers enclosure and lay some heavy duty plastic over it. The PVC will help to support the plastic, leaving it on an angle so the snow falls off, well most of it and he will have his little hide to warm up in.

Oops, three suggestions. Build another shed for Dozer