ADVICE NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
I have taken in a horse field that is unwell I normally know exactly what is wrong as I have kept tortoises and sick ones for 16 years but this is a new one I have not seen this before the scutes are overgrown the underneath of the shell has not formed from hatchling state it ( as this looks like a male but is quite diformed I can't tell) is very swollen and puffed skin and the neck and bottom jaw are swollen the inside of the mouth is pink and nice it's pooing well when soaked and weeing but has not eaten I got passed this one yesterday so any ideas would be great I have flushed it through with diluted f10 and wormed it scraped off all the excess shell and treated it with f10 , eyes are lovely and clear skin colour is good so no blood poisoning

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can you post a pic. Might be easier for someone to help it they can see some of the problems.

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
princessdreamsxxx said:
I have taken in a horse field that is unwell I normally know exactly what is wrong as I have kept tortoises and sick ones for 16 years but this is a new one I have not seen this before the scutes are overgrown the underneath of the shell has not formed from hatchling state it ( as this looks like a male but is quite diformed I can't tell) is very swollen and puffed skin and the neck and bottom jaw are swollen the inside of the mouth is pink and nice it's pooing well when soaked and weeing but has not eaten I got passed this one yesterday so any ideas would be great I have flushed it through with diluted f10 and wormed it scraped off all the excess shell and treated it with f10 , eyes are lovely and clear skin colour is good so no blood poisoning

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Its probably not sick, but rather very deformed from poor husbandry and light.

You just treat it like you would a normal-looking horsefields. There's nothing you can do to make him look normal, but he can live a long life with the correct care from now on.

I have several box turtles in the same condition. They live outside with the rest of the box turtle herd and come a-runnin' when they see me with the food.

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
For some reason this site is playing up I can't seem to upload any pictures and it keeps loading the same reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.