Advice needed Urgently!! Urine in my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmikins

5 Year Member
yep thats right.. I was asleep on my hubbys chest and my daughter bought my leaopard tort in because the temp disc had stuck to its tummy. She held the tort over my face (sleep) and it piddled all over me.. i woke up with tort pi** in my eyes.. i have washed them out though they feel a little fragile.. I am soooooooooooooooo angry.. i know she didnt mean it but i cant help it.. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

so will the urine hurt me.. Im worried because of the salmonella issue xx

M

Maggie Cummings

Rinse your eyes and beat the kid and you will be fine...:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Don't worry about salmonella. I'm not real sure how it works, but I've heard that the salmonella is only shed if the host animal is ill. Like Maggie said...just wash out your eyes and try to forget exactly WHAT it was that was all over your face!!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
HAH! Maggie...

I am sure you will be fine. Getting salmonella from a tortoise is very rare. It is a common misconception that all chelonia carry salmonella. Not true. There are more kinds of salmonella in bird poop, dog and cat feces, the ground, YOUR KITCHEN... :D Most salmonella bacteria are more or less harmless.

Salmonella poisoning is more likely to come from carrion eaters, like water turtles. Some torts do eat carrion, but not really in captivity.

A good wash and maybe a saline rinse should do it for you.

And of course, beat the kid, LMAO!!!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Life just wouldn't be the same adventures without kids and torts huh!!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Damn! That's nasty! Reminds me of the time when I was carrying my (now deceased) 19 foot, 210 pound Burmese Python...very mellow animal but when I was shifting her for better balance (no mean feat for one person), I must have grabbed a tender spot because the next thing I knew she ran her cloaca right across my nose and mouth...NOT FUN and not a quick clean-up either!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My advice is: Don't let your tortoise pi$$ on your face anymore. Ha Ha.

I've never understood why anyone would want the world to know about their embarrassing mishaps. I've got all sorts of these stories (monitor lizards, anyone?), but I'm keeping them to myself.

You guys go on ahead with out me.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
haha, im sorry you had to experience that! I second the eye saline! You'll be ok.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
I read the title from "Today's Posts" and thought it was a joke...:p I'm sorry, but that's pretty freakin' funny! =]

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I also have so many similar stories...I probably could write a book. But in all these years, I have never gotten sick from a turtle. But I have gotten pink eye, so flush them out really good.

Maggie....you are the most fun, colorful person and I love everything that come's out of your mouth. :D

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
What a accident....

Once when i was a child, i wanted to "pressure wash my teeth"

my moms contact bottle had a removeable top. so i put in toothpaste water in it and "washed my teeth" then set it down like I did nothing.

The next morning my mom used it. I never heard quite a yell.. I had to fess up..

I am not sure how i lived through that, but i am sure i will get pay back for that at some point.

I wonder if you got "payback" from something?

OR if your daughter will share her story like i did mine

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
now now let's not get all wee wee'd up.

kimmikins

5 Year Member
lol.. i can see the funny side now.. sooooooooooooo did not earlier.. i mean i woke up to tort pi** in my face lol.. thats some kinky sh*t lol.. :)

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
So what was it like sleeping with a rock in your bed? Was he a kicker or a snorer or did he try to dominate the bed?

My pups used to crowd me over to the same 12 inches. No kidding if I had a king then I'd still get to sleep in the same 12 inches by the edge.

2Paisan

5 Year Member
Note to self, tell boys Frankie cannot come out and in to mommy and daddy's room before we are up!

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
How about just a sign on the door that reads...

"No children permitted beyond this point after dinner and before breakfast"

Mommies and daddies need their special alone time.

kimmikins

5 Year Member
lol.. i can finally laugh about it.. My poor daughter was only helping Harlow. She has the biggest bloody bladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.