Ads on TFO

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Most of the ads you see are from Google (or whatever search engine you use). If you have been searching the 'net for HD movies, then those are the ads you're going to see. Lately I've been searching the 'net for greenhouse supplies, so the big ad across the top of my screen is greenhouse supplies. This has nothing to do with paid ads allowed by the Forum.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I have not searched for HD movies, and I'm not talking about still banner ads. Frankly I don't even know what the pottery ad is trying to sell, it's just someone makinga pot on a wheel, they decortaing it, them a bunch of pots as if for sale, but it's not suggesting anything be bought.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
pottery wheel? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I occasionally go through a spell of this type of add as well on my phone. I run a clean up app and shut down, restart my phone and it fixes it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have been having an app for the App Store, take me off of TFO an right into the App Store wanting me to get the app for some virtual sports playing thing. Very annoying. I had emailed Josh at three different emails, but never got a response.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I'm working on removing ads for tfo supporters. I don't think we could afford our own server bill if we didn't have the support of our ads and sponsors.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I'm working on removing ads for tfo supporters. I don't think we could afford our own server bill if we didn't have the support of our ads and sponsors.
I get it that ads are what drives the internet for free access, overall a great system, but when the ads interfere with content as in uploading at all, it is too much. I don't think I'll ever buy ad space from you directly (maybe?) but I'll always offer TFO members discounts of stuff I sell, which is a soft support of sorts.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I get it that ads are what drives the internet for free access, overall a great system, but when the ads interfere with content as in uploading at all, it is too much. I don't think I'll ever buy ad space from you directly (maybe?) but I'll always offer TFO members discounts of stuff I sell, which is a soft support of sorts.

I think in this instance, Josh is referring to those that have donated to the forum rather than sponsors that have bought ad space.