Adopting Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
I will tomorrow.. its to late now, she is sleeping out side..wait.. He... well, i need to go make sure he is in his new hide.. if he isnt i will snap a few pics....

Ok, of course he wasnt in a hide, he was sleeping on the ground with a slugg on his head!! I thought it was his tongue for a second.. before the panic came up I touched the pinkish thing on his face, and off feel a baby slug.. ewwwww

It was his first ground ever! He has lived on a redwood deck for 8 years.... ( he is 8 years old as well)

Yes his beak is over grown...I am hoping it will correct it self, but if not I hear of a guy named Father Demitri, that can use special tool.. Starts with a 'd' ? He is a club member..so in July I hope he comes...

I just need to ask.. thats all...

Race001.jpg

Race002.jpg

Race003.jpg

Race004.jpg

Race006.jpg

Race007.jpg

Race008.jpg

Race005.jpg

He seems very small... his shell it very high higher than CoCos my other Russian.. He is also so shiny, i am guessing cause he never got in dirt before...

Why does he look different than my others? Are there different types of Russians?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't know that tail is awfully small.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Male for sure---I'd get his beak trimmed. I don't think it will right itself being that long. You are also thinking of a dremel. If you have a vet handy, the trim costs 20$ its talking them out of charging you the BS 60$ exam fee that's the hard part.

Here's a link for ya. Russian Subspecies:
http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-7507.html

courtesy of EgyptianDan, resident expert! :p

I'd also say he's older than 8 yrs. My guess would be 11-16 yrs.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
The tail is small, BUT it has that very defined slit hole, not the round one.. I thought the same thing...Small tail.. but he refused to let me show you.. let me try again....
Also the shell tells me its a boy, the way it slopes in and under in the back.. Girls seem to stop shy of covering the tail...

Race.jpg

now that was a fight to see

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Ok I see the slit now, he must feel ashamed at having such a "small tail" poor guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.