Adopting a baby EBT Advice please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I'm getting a baby from shellfreak. I'm going to start the baby out in a 30 liter tubaware. I am new to both hatchlings and boxies, though I know diet and humidity differences.

Any tips on raising them etc. I plan on letting the baby settle and taking it outside in a kiddie pool late in the evening for an hour.

I am a total noob :) Any tips welcome!

Also, any unisex gender names welcome. This baby is my dream, so Iw as thinking Genie or something along those lines till I can determine the sex. My Russian is alcohol themed so any other Russians I get will be alcohol themed. I dunno what to name my baby I'll just have to wait and see :)

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Also, I have seen on all the sheets I have found, to feed the baby every other day. I feed Vodka every day, unless I miss a day here or there to let her clean out her system so I can weigh her etc. Should I feed my baby every other day?

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I have EBT's but there are adults. I have not had any babies yet. If you dont get many replies, pm Terryo!! She has a lot of boxies and should have answers for you. Please post pictures when you get him or her!!! :) Good luck with your new baby boxie! :)

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
luvpetz27 said:
I have EBT's but there are adults. I have not had any babies yet. If you dont get many replies, pm Terryo!! She has a lot of boxies and should have answers for you. Please post pictures when you get him or her!!! :) Good luck with your new baby boxie! :)

I definatley will pm them! Thank you :) I already have pictured the breeder sent, this baby is dark and I believe a boy just from comparison with the two other babies (his toes are more curved, I can see his anus on the other two I can't)

I am thinking on Naming him Salazaar or something along those lines lol.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I fed my babies every day for the first year. I put them in a seperate container inside their enclouser so I could monitor their eating habits. I also made it rain in there every time I fed them by poking holes in a jar lid and shaking it into the tank. After a bit, they stopped eating in the container and I realized they were hunting worms in their tank. Now I feed them every other day and put the worms into some fruit and greens on a teracotta plate. It seems to work pretty good so far. They were little nickles when I got them and they are littl fifty cent pieces now! I have had them a little over ten months.

txturtle13

5 Year Member
Unisex names (because we just went through this too ;) ): Chance, Toby (my mom still calls Chuy, Toby..), Tank, Cheerio, Coco, Tiny, Boch, nibbler.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Thank you guys! I have pill bugs in the enclosure and I make sure I keep the soil moist I've been monitoring it since around wed of last week, so I have everything pretty set. I can't wait the baby is shipping today! I have a few pictures from the breeder taken today. My baby has a nice chocolatey shell which is interesting because Shellfreak's whole herd is pitch black. I can't wait to see Spook grown. (I decided Spook was a good unisex name, can be male or female in the end)

The baby had a huge meal before being shipped out. I can't wait to start feeding the baby. Could I mix dandelion and weed greens in with the meat to get some veggies down the baby? And especially when I feed crickets I plan on having Spook in a separate tub I hate crickets with a passion. They killed my Leo when I gave her to someone who left the crickets on over night without dog food to nibble on so they nibbled on her.

I'll be home all day the next two days I can't wait to meet my new companion. Vodka is settling down so well I'm excited for this baby.

Spook Top.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Spook boxie wtf.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

txturtle13

5 Year Member
Beautiful little guy (or girl)!! Looks super healthy, and I love the coloring. Love the name "Spook"! So excited for you. I know you'll be checking the tracking over the next 24 hours, while Spook is in transit :p

I don't do crickets... Lol. So hopefully someone else can give you help on that one.

Best of luck!

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
txturtle13 said:
Beautiful little guy (or girl)!! Looks super healthy, and I love the coloring. Love the name "Spook"! So excited for you. I know you'll be checking the tracking over the next 24 hours, while Spook is in transit :p

I don't do crickets... Lol. So hopefully someone else can give you help on that one.

Best of luck!

Thank you, Randy told me Spook is a champ and loves to eat. The coloring is beautiful. I would love a black and yellow eastern but I think Spook will be slightly lighter, I'm not sure seeing Spook grow is going to be interesting. I can't wait to see her all grown up.

If I had a way to track I would, but I will just be up early and sit and wait on her to show up. I can't wait to get her settled. first thing I'm doing is soaking Spook then leaving her to her own devices till I offer food.

I'm excited for my baby! I can't wait to gain a relationship with Spook and see a nice tame turtle.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Carol S said:
Enjoy your new little one. He/she sure is pretty!. :)

Thank you :D I'm quite excited and nervous as this will be my new baby. I hope everything goes well for her.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Spook is here! I am going to create her own thread, keep an eye out for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.