Adopted a baby sulcata- any tips appreciated!

Bass.Isles

As for as researching diet, research ON HERE. Lol. There's an awesome guide posted, regarding care and diet for baby sulcatas. There is so much misinformation and downright completely conflicting information on Google. That's one of the many things I did wrong at first. I'm woman enough to admit that, haha. Oh! And download the "tortoise table" app, or visit their website. It has so much info on edible plants, flowers, trees, shrubs, weeds. And it classifies them under like, okay/moderate/do NOT feed. So helpful.

Amanda8653

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I have that same scale. And i know right, it's amazing how something so tiny will grow to be so enormous. A real "elephant in a shell". Something I have learned on this forum through reading and looking at other peoples sulcata pics (and through talking with and being reasured by Tom lol), is that they all grow at incredibly varied rates. I saw a pic/read a post tge otger day of someone who had a 4 year old sulcata that weighed over 30 lbs. Mt Isla is 26 months and weighs a little over 1 lb lol. But she's healthy and seems very happy. I think it makes a huge difference, how well they are started out. I adopted her at 20 months old and she was barely 270 grams (she's 500 now), and was dehydrated with a calcium deficiency. She was basically fed lettuce for the first 20 months of her life. I think you will do very well with your little guy or girl, especially if you continually try to always keep learning. Before I got Isla, i spent 2 months reading and trying to learn all i could. Unfortunately i didn't find this awesome forum until after I had bought and set up a very wrong enclosure and brought her home to it. I rectified it as quickly as I could, with the help of folks on here, and she quickly perked right up. I'm still continually reading and trying new things with her, feeling out what works best. It's a fun learning process.

Thank you for the reassurance! Hopefully he grows up healthy and healthy like yours. What type of enclosure do you have!? I'm just making sure mine is correct