Active on first day, now not so much

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
He's just beautiful...I do think that it's your ambient temperature that too low...simply put...his inside temperature must be 85 or higher to digest his food, and your outside temps will sustain life but not promote good a life. So he's simply too cold on his insides. Even tho you're in Florida with good temps... 80 for instance is a good outside temp for him to go out, but it's not high enough for his insides to work properly. He needs a hide with a light and I've seen keepers use a dog Igloo, or like me have big tort sheds, even Tom's night box would be ok to start to warm up, but it doesn't have enough exercise room for keeping in for even a matter of days if you have to .

Bunny Ears

Key West
Hmmm his old owner said he'd stay under the house on cooler days I wonder if he had access to a hot water heater to cuddle up to. Luckily this "cold spell" will pass in next day or two we should be back into 80's.

He was very active when I came home from work today, exploring the perimeters of the yard. I think he gets annoyed that I'm always staring at him, he stops what he's doing to glare at me.

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
He is so cute what does he weigh I’m in England ??????? I wish we had nice weather for my gav

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
He is so cute what does he weigh I’m in England ??????? I wish we had nice weather
He is so cute what does he weigh I’m in England ??????? I wish we had nice weather for my gav

Do you keep Sulcata in England? Or any torts there? Having been to England, I know about the weather....welcome. . .