Account deletion request

OliveW

Location (City and/or State)
Branford, FL
Yes, very. It was my first ever animal, and I am Asperger, so it was also something that helped me a lot. And thank you for the support.

I'm so sorry about your little friend. You've had it such a short time, there is nothing you could have done to change what happened. It's not uncommon for baby tortoises to be started improperly and die within weeks or months of the new owner getting it. 😢

I understand your heart break. Losing a pet is never easy, and with it being your first ever animal, it's even worse. One of my adult sons has Asperger's and his dog is his constant companion and brings him so much happiness when life gets overwhelming.

If you decide to try again, please read the care sheet here on the species you're getting before it even arrives. Much information on the internet is incorrect. Often, the information you get from the breeder is also incorrect. The best care sheets are here on this forum.

Wishing you all the best in whatever you decide. 🥰

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sorry to keep bugging you and trying to convince you to stay when you already decided to ☺️ another option is to adopt an adult tortoise that needs rescued and a good forever home. They are much easier and would still be a really good pet for a first time animal owner.🤗

zolasmum

5 Year Member
If I do get another tort the vet recommended getting it after winter and more than a year old. So if I do get it (Which I probably will now) it's after winter.
Thank you again for all the kindness and support, really helps me a lot.
That sounds like a very sensible idea. You can read up about the different sorts of tortoise there are, and consider which sort would be best suited to your home set-up - space and so on. There is lots of information on this forum. Then get information from people here who can share their knowledge with you
And of course, when you have your tortoise, please let us know, and send lots of photos !!!
I was really sad myself, reading about your loss - I am so glad you are thinking positively now.
Best wishes
Angie

OliveW

Branford, FL
If I do get another tort the vet recommended getting it after winter and more than a year old. So if I do get it (Which I probably will now) it's after winter.

Sounds like you have a great vet! Getting a tortoise a bit older is the very best idea. They live such long lives that it will still likely be a lifetime pet and friend.

Best of luck finding the perfect one for you. I hope you'll come back and share photos when you get your new one, so we can all celebrate with you.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I decided to keep this account in case I decide to get a tort.
I am so happy to hear that. It made me very sad to hear what happened to you and your baby tortoise. I am hoping that when you decide to get another tortoise someone here on the forum, can help you get a healthy new baby. Please reach out when you are ready. We want nothing more than to see you have a wonderful experience with a tortoise.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania

welcome to the forum, so glad you're considering another tortoise! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, this community is an incredible resource :)

BernieL

Indio, California
So sorry for your loss, and glad to hear you may get another. Also glad you decided to stay with this website. My wife and I are older, and have been through a lot with different kinds of people. Rare to find a place with this many good ones.