Accidentally kicked baby sulcata

jnirvello

Location (City and/or State)
fort myers, florida
So tonight my friend accidentally kicked my baby sulcata (idk if it was a kick but more of a bump) and he hit the side of the bathtub. He was only about 3-4 inches away and he immediately went into his shell and stayed there for about 2-3 minutes. He immediately peed when I picked him up. He was walking around a lot after and when I put him in his table he just walked around and went to bed. Do you think I should be worried? He just seemed a little spooked but I'm a worry wort so I'm just asking :-(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Your tortoise is probably fine, but why was he on the floor? That is the bigger concern.

Do you soak daily? That will ensure he stays hydrated since he emptied his water reserves.

jnirvello

fort myers, florida
He was on the ground because I like to put him in warmer water so I was getting the tub ready for him :/ and yes I soak daily after I put him outside.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
He was on the ground because I like to put him in warmer water so I was getting the tub ready for him :/ and yes I soak daily after I put him outside.
The floor is a very dangerous place for a baby tortoise, imagine if your friend stepped on him. We see all kinds of bad things happen to torts on the floor. Take that scare as warning, next time leave your tort in his table until the water is ready