A saw a good thing and a bad thing

Ok so I just got back from the cape may zoo. It's a great place, but I was disappointed when I saw their sulcata. It was in a decent sized outdoor pen...but he was running(if torts can run) around the parimeter of his pen. There was no vegetation in the pen except a lone tree. I felt sorry for the big guy. Now to the good part. In the pen next to him they had a Leo, 2 juvenile aldabras, and one juvenile Galapagos tortoise. They ground was covered with grass and a few cactus clumps. Anyway the aldabras and Galapagos we're moving in a sort of herd through the pool, into the shade box, and then to my hand full of grass. They were adorable.:):) Too bad I didn't gave my camera.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Which is really too bad, because if you think about it they should be. As soon as where people should get the general, and correct, idea of how an animal lives in the wild.

Tank'sMom

Location (City and/or State)
Olmito, Tx
I wonder why they house all the others together and have the Sully on his own. I'm sure he must have aggression issues, but they could at least give him some grass!

The sully was a real big teddy bear when the keeper walked in. He just went up to her and sat on her lap. Made me sad to see this guy being treated so badly. :(

Tort-Rex

Was there about two weeks ago! You're right, the sulcata was being treated badly, but the others were fine! I love seeing the tortoises and turtles at the zoo though!