time to say hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otishermansmummy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
England
Hi all,
My name is Mandy, I live in Nottinghamshire England, I just wanted to introduce my baby hermanns Otis to the forum, he was hatched 09, I have had him 4 months now & I adore him, will try to post some photos but at the moment its saying the file is too large...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mandy:

Welcome to the forum!!

Here's a tip for all you new picture-posters out there. If you download Irfanview, a free picture program, onto your computer, then use it to re-size your pictures, you won't have any trouble posting them on the forum.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Welcome!

And you can also use photobucket.com, upload the photo then use the img code :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a pretty tortoise.

Can you give us a little info on how you have him set up? His head looks a little dry to me.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
welcome, I have always liked the coloring on hermanns.

Otishermansmummy

5 Year Member
England
Hi, I have him in a 4ft x 2ft x 2ft high wooden vivarium with the glass doors removed, he has a full length strip UVB and a basking bulb on a thermostat set at 84 degrees for the hot end, directly under the bulb is 90 degrees and the colder side is between 70-75 degrees, he has a water dish which he does use, but also has a bath everyday for about 20 mins ( he loves it)
The humidity is at 30% at the hot side and slightly higher at the cool side where is water is. His bedding is Timothy hay & substrate is repti turf in part of the viv and small sort of chippings that they advised in the tortoise centre. I feed him a weed and florette mixed leaves diet & have some weeds growing in little pots at the moment. Sorry it's a bit like an essay but I just wanted to explain his set up.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
A tad bit late, but welcome!! How did you happen to choose a Hermanns? Are you enjoying Otis?

Otishermansmummy

5 Year Member
England
Hi jacqui
I choose a hermanns after researching on the Internet to find a tortoise that doesn't grow into a massive adult. Living in a cold climate most of the year, he will live indoors and just spend a couple of months in the summer outdoors....Good choice though, he's adorable! I just love to watch him exploring, I can't believe how quickly they become part of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.