A GOLDEN REDFOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
THE GOLDEN REDFOOT......
Here is one " LQQKER"...of a Redfoot... ( she .. so far..) Is one of the coolest colors yet. Her carapace is Ultra sun gold tan. Absolutly no Black! ...even her head/legs are a very light grey.And just look at those markings on her head! ...
Kinda Neat~0 eh?....
Her Brother is just as cool...and has the wildest Carapace Design yet .....stay tuned......:p
goldenbabebest-1.jpg

goldenbabe7.jpg

goldenbabe8.jpg

JD~ :)

cordell

5 Year Member
i like the gray skin, really cool looking!

cordell

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
A very pretty tortoise. I have hatched a few that looked like that. Congrats! Douglas

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Candy said:
How do you get that color?

From what I belive and others have agreed usally its a " morph" of somesort.What Makes a Morph?
Frequently individuals question whether their reptile is a morph or not. I’ll try to explain what defines a morph. Their are two requirements in identifying a morph; appearance and inheritance.
Appearance
Distinct Color or Pattern Compared to the Wildtype Phenotype
The Wildtype (or Normal) appearance of any species of reptile can be highly variable. Slight differences in color and pattern are not uncommon. To be defined as a morph, their must be a significant difference in the color or pattern of the animal in question.
Genetic Inheritance
Determining if the look is reproducible is the second and most important topic on classifying whether it is a morph or not.
Simple Recessive
A gene that is phenotypically expressed in the homozygous state but has its expression masked in the presence of a dominant gene.
A recessive mutation will only be reproduced if both parents are expressing or carrying the morph gene. To determine by breeding trials whether or not the mutation is simple recessive, the morph must be bred to a Wildtype. Retain the offspring from the pairing, raise them up to breeding size and then breed them back to the morph parent. This is easiest done when you have a morph male to breed back to his daughters.
Although out of multiple hatchings from the same pair...these colored beauts show up very rarely .:)
JD~

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Do you suppose she's leucistic? I have a couple of desert tortoise babies that would be albino except for the dark eyes, and I've always figured they were leucistic. Just out of curiosity, did you get them from Fred here on the forum?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Do you suppose she's leucistic? I have a couple of desert tortoise babies that would be albino except for the dark eyes, and I've always figured they were leucistic. ......
Just out of curiosity, did you get them from Fred here on the forum?
* Yes ... although ..there are different opinions. And funny ... they are the ones who say NO .. usally to protect the value of thier own albino or leucistic. They dont like Newbies:D

NO .... I dont know Fred~
JD~:D

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Like elegans I have hatched a few very similar also. They're just a 'gene that shows up in certain blood-lines on occasion.. rare occasion!

I will show ( some ) if someone would like to see.

Terry K

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Redfoot NERD said:
Like elegans I have hatched a few very similar also. They're just a 'gene that shows up in certain blood-lines on occasion.. rare occasion!

I will show ( some ) if someone would like to see.

Terry K

Heck ya ...I wanna see um:p

elegans said:
A very pretty tortoise. I have hatched a few that looked like that. Congrats! Douglas

would love to see any pics you have~
Goldie and her brother are a little over 3" SCL

Bryan

10 Year Member!
elegans said:

If you hatch some like this this year, I call first dibs! ;)

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Howbout dem leggs???

1GOLDEN-1.jpg

aGOLDENC.jpg

aGOLDENR.jpg

YES.... I still have the PAIR that produced this one.. and a dozen eggs incubating now!

36_2_15.gif

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very nice .. Pics Terry and yes the golden color really exemplifies their super leg color!
One thing ive noticed in my " golden girl" is she is also lacking any type of carapce design ( typical redfoot blotches) as well~
JD..

Status
Not open for further replies.