Dwarf Redfoot?

HarvestHerp5

Location (City and/or State)
Harvest, AL
I have just acquired two redfoots that the owner told me were captive hatched from Corn Island stock. She used to work in central FL for a reptile breeder/importer. I was told mine are unrelated, and will be 5 years old in December; they are only 5" long (possible male) and 5.5" (looks female). I will post photos later, but mine do not have the large yellow spots, but more typical sized. They are pyramided from less than adequate humidity, I suspect.

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
Interesting, I also have one tort (Cherryhead) Berry, and she also looks like a dwarf. She (I think) is now nearly 7 years old, around 6.5 inches and weights 843 g. She was raised exactly the same way, same food as others, yet now she is almost twice smaller than Sunny who is only 1 year older.

Attachments

• tortweights.jpg
    tortweights.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 18
  • berry.jpg
    berry.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 16

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
I have just acquired two redfoots that the owner told me were captive hatched from Corn Island stock. She used to work in central FL for a reptile breeder/importer. I was told mine are unrelated, and will be 5 years old in December; they are only 5" long (possible male) and 5.5" (looks female). I will post photos later, but mine do not have the large yellow spots, but more typical sized. They are pyramided from less than adequate humidity, I suspect.

May I ask if this breeder was Charles Abbott of Canaveral Fl. (Now deceased and farm I assume closed) Like I said earlier Blondie is 9 inches at 24 years old. She was raised the same as as younger others of unknown origins 13.5 inch and bigger females.IMG_0373.jpg

HarvestHerp5

Harvest, AL
I didn't write down the breeder/importers name from the previous owner, but that doesn't sound like who she mentioned. Mine are 4.5 and 5" at 5 years old this month. I don't know if that's due to lack of appropriate care or genetics. She was selling them as her son was no longer caring for them properly.