A few Questions

The Megalodon

Location (City and/or State)
San Jose
I just got a new tortoise at Petsmart, Sherbert, but i don't know what kind of a testudo tortoise it is these are pictures of the tortoise and her terrarium IMG_0639[1].JPG IMG_0638[1].JPG IMG_0641[1].JPG IMG_0635[1].JPG
I also need to know how to decrease humidity because my humidity meter is at 90%. So my Questions are
-What changes do i need to make to my terrarium
-what kind of a tortoise she is
-how to decrease my humidity
-If she is a female at all

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
I just got a new tortoise at Petsmart, Sherbert, but i don't know what kind of a testudo tortoise it is these are pictures of the tortoise and her terrarium View attachment 250394 View attachment 250393 View attachment 250396 View attachment 250391
I also need to know how to decrease humidity because my humidity meter is at 90%. So my Questions are
-What changes do i need to make to my terrarium
-what kind of a tortoise she is
-how to decrease my humidity
-If she is a female at all

Welcome to the forum!

You have an adult, wild caught Russian tortoise, that needs a minimum enclosure size of 8x4 feet. There is no tank big enough for a tortoise, so I hope you can get your money back on the one you bought.
You will need to build the enclosure yourself.

Those water bowls are huge flipping/drowning hazards, and it needs to be switched for a terra cotta saucer.

Your humidity is not at 90%. You are using an extremely inaccurate hygrometer/thermometer, that is measuring the humidity/temperatures at the top of the tank and not at tortoise level. You need to get a digital hygrometer, and a temp gun or thermometer with a probe.

Humidity is good for tortoises, as long as they have the proper temps.

Looks female to me, but get a second opinion.

Do you have any heat or uvb lights? I don’t see any.

Please give these a read and come back with questions-
Russian Tortoise Care Sheet https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Russian-Tortoise-Care-Sheet.80698/

Beginner Mistakes https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Beginner-Mistakes.45180/