A dream job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sounds like its a job that really should be broken up into more then just one persons responsibility. That's a lot for one person to have to be responsible for. The animal part alone is very time consuming. Even a vet probably could only do half the requirements. You should apply, send them a letter along with a resume. Explain in the letter the actual number of people that job really requires. I'd say at least three. They may hire you just because you see the importance of the quality of care each requirement really needs:D Whats the worse that could happen? They don't call you/hire you. I say go for it:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
I love it. You are perfect for it.

Kelly would be perfect for it. I do not have the education it requires. I guess I worded it wrong on the first post. I am not qualified for it (though I wish I were). I am hoping somebody in here might be. I would love to know the person who does get the job.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh I forgot. Any one person that could do half those jobs, wouldn't be doing maintenance too.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It would have been my dream job if only I discovered my love for tortoises 45 years ago. Now, I'm too old, too tired, and too sick to live that dream. Besides,my degree is on another field :-]

it's all about delegation!!!

wellington said:
Sounds like its a job that really should be broken up into more then just one persons responsibility. That's a lot for one person to have to be responsible for. The animal part alone is very time consuming. Even a vet probably could only do half the requirements. You should apply, send them a letter along with a resume. Explain in the letter the actual number of people that job really requires. I'd say at least three. They may hire you just because you see the importance of the quality of care each requirement really needs:D Whats the worse that could happen? They don't call you/hire you. I say go for it:D

EKLC

5 Year Member
I wish this were in a bigger city, my girlfriend is looking for a keeper job after this summer, but I wouldn't be able to find an engineering job there

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That would be a good gig for me. If they had room for all 150+ torts to go with me. Unfortunately it would get in the current way of finishing my doctorate in herpetology and doctorate in veterinarian.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
tortadise said:
That would be a good gig for me. If they had room for all 150+ torts to go with me. Unfortunately it would get in the current way of finishing my doctorate in herpetology and doctorate in veterinarian.

Very cool. Which doctoral herpetology program and veterinary medicine program are you in and how far along are you at present?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
UTA in arlington will be the university for the herp program. They dont really have a chelonian program so i will just go with what they teach and do thesis on chelonians and base the whole study around torts/turts after the initial first 4 years. Im currently at CVA and and another year to attain RVA. Then from RVA im with a lot of work few years away from DVM.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
sibi said:
It would have been my dream job if only I discovered my love for tortoises 45 years ago. Now, I'm too old, too tired, and too sick to live that dream. Besides,my degree is on another field :-]

it's all about delegation!!!

Very true.

wellington said:

EricIvins

5 Year Member
I do have to say, from experience, that everything listed in the job description is do-able by one Person.......I know many, including me, that do this on a daily basis. I'm a plumber, electrician, nutritionist, general contractor, janitor, salesman, pee-on, mechanic, Parasitologist, landscaper, and a myriad of other things every day for the Business and my collection. This doesn't include what goes on in my personal life either. I can also predict the weather too.......

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
predict the Weather, lol. Although I think my torts can.

Hopefully one or more of us will come back in our next life trained for a position like this. It would be a dream job.

Mjdeisher

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Kelly would be perfect for it. I do not have the education it requires. I guess I worded it wrong on the first post. I am not qualified for it (though I wish I were). I am hoping somebody in here might be. I would love to know the person who does get the job.

Jacqui, I've got the degree, you've got the experience, we could team up and do it! :)

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
It sounds pretty cool. When I get older I think I might want to be a herpetologist or a reptile breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.