???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlb1077

5 Year Member
I have an adult male Hermanns. When I put him outside he poops and then he pokes out his penis and walks around with it out. Why is he doing this? At first I thought something was wrong with him. I looked it up on the internet &realized what it was!!!

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
"Why is he doing this?"

Because he can!

Really though, if he is extending his penis after he defecates each time are you certain that it's his penis or could it be a prolapse? Generally, prolapses remain exposed and can be a problem. Does he extend himself every time he defecates? Or is it just occasionally? Is he urinating on a regular basis? If not, he could be straining too which could be another problem altogether.

jlb1077

5 Year Member
Boys will be boys!!! He doesn't do it every time. He urinates regularly & is eating well. It seems he does it when he's outside only. If it was prolapse of some sort I would think it would be out all the time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sometimes when a young male reaches "puberty" they put their penis out just to feel the sensation of it rubbing on the grass. He'll eventually stop.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
emysemys said:
Sometimes when a young male reaches "puberty" they put their penis out just to feel the sensation of it rubbing on the grass. He'll eventually stop.

Hopefully before he goes blind... ;)

Sorry, don't know what comes over me, ma'am :rolleyes:

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
My husband has the
same problem!
YES, I WENT THERE!! HA HA :)
Just had to !

Status
Not open for further replies.