6 week old having trouble eating tortoise food

Jaid10

Location (City and/or State)
USA
I have the exact opposite problem, it's my daughter's tortoise. Not mine. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't have time, or care as much as she should. She is 12, and I think it would do her a lot of good to read through all of your post and maybe get inspired again. I think I may have told you this before, but if I haven't it's refreshing to see someone so young want to put so much effort and energy into their pet.
I love my torts. I am so mad at myself for taking such bad care of my tort for 6 years. It’s hard to stay mad at myself on this website everyone is so kind and supportive. I’ve been taking care of pets since I was 4. My mom is pretty busy most of the time and usually can’t help out with pet care. I think it’s awesome that you are capable of helping your daughter raise a tort,especially because it can grow up with her and might just outlive her. Thank you so much for all your help and support.:)

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I love my torts. I am so mad at myself for taking such bad care of my tort for 6 years. It’s hard to stay mad at myself on this website everyone is so kind and supportive. I’ve been taking care of pets since I was 4. My mom is pretty busy most of the time and usually can’t help out with pet care. I think it’s awesome that you are capable of helping your daughter raise a tort,especially because it can grow up with her and might just outlive her. Thank you so much for all your help and support.:)
Your welcome!! Don't beat yourself up too bad. You're realizing and correcting some of the same mistakes adults still make. Keep up the good work. [emoji217]

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi, I have a tort that is around 6 weeks old who is having trouble eating Mazuri Tortoise Diet. Before I knew how to actually take care of tortoises I fed her Lettuce. After I learned how wrong that was I started feeding her dandelions and stuff. For some reason I was having trouble finding stuff to feed her so I bought Mazuri Tortoise Diet. She just won’t eat it. I would feed her grass but I know she can’t have it unless it’s baby grass (I don’t know what to call it) and is super cut up. What should I do?

You can offer roses....you can offer tree leaves and you can also offer dandelion (as long as what you can get does not have poison sprays and such)....you can offer lettuce, romaine, red leaf, green leaf....but iceburg lettuce is not too beneficial....you can offer squash, and some spinach...just not lots....what type of house set up do you have for your tortoise? Do you have reptile lights for warmth and fake sunshine?

Jaid10

USA
You can offer roses....you can offer tree leaves and you can also offer dandelion (as long as what you can get does not have poison sprays and such)....you can offer lettuce, romaine, red leaf, green leaf....but iceburg lettuce is not too beneficial....you can offer squash, and some spinach...just not lots....what type of house set up do you have for your tortoise? Do you have reptile lights for warmth and fake sunshine?
I think I’m going to get some spring mix for her today. She is in a closed chamber with a heating lamp. Her cage is listed as much as possible. I need to buy I UVB for her. I’ll see if I can order one on Amazon today.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Jade did you soak the mazuri in water first to soften it?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I got the kind f

i got the kind for small torts.
I would keep trying my RF didn't want to eat it at first but once he tried it now he loves it.