475 grams?

J H

5 Year Member
Roxy is now about 475 grams (after a soak / poop). She is an estimated 10months old based off prev. Owners info. She has grown a lot! She was started and raised totally dry until I adopted her and went closed chamber. Does this seem ok? I know they are all different just curious.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
That is a good weight even for one that was started perfectly. Whatever you are doing agrees with your tortoise.

I'd love to see pics.

J H

5 Year Member
She came to me fairly pyramided and weighed about 185 grams on 4-16-16. Was in a 10 gallon tank totally dry substrate. These pics are from the prev owners I will post current one tomorrow when I get a minute.image.jpegimage.jpegAnother question I have is she eats everything all the time! I have heard people say they stop when full. She usually eats until it's gone! And I give he a large pile of greens in the morning and after the nightly soak. She eats everything in pretty much 1 sitting.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
She is a growing girl. As long as it is the right foods, and she has plenty of space for exercise, let her eat all she wants.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
She came to me fairly pyramided and weighed about 185 grams on 4-16-16. Was in a 10 gallon tank totally dry substrate. These pics are from the prev owners I will post current one tomorrow when I get a minute.View attachment 183195View attachment 183196Another question I have is she eats everything all the time! I have heard people say they stop when full. She usually eats until it's gone! And I give he a large pile of greens in the morning and after the nightly soak. She eats everything in pretty much 1 sitting.
She is looking great. Please give her daily soaks in warm water, so as to stop that pyramiding.

J H

5 Year Member
I have been soaking her daily since I adopted her. It aids in keeping her house clean since she always poops / pees while soaking.

J H

5 Year Member
My goal is to stop or at least slow the pyramiding. In the beginning between scutes looked like an inverted pyramid now it's much more of an oval shape so I hope it's working!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Another question I have is she eats everything all the time! I have heard people say they stop when full. She usually eats until it's gone! And I give he a large pile of greens in the morning and after the nightly soak. She eats everything in pretty much 1 sitting.

They will stop when they are full. She just isn't full yet. :)

Seriously though, it is truly amazing how much food they can put away. Add bulk with more grass, or grass hay.

You've probably seen this already, but just in case:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Leaving comment to get notification when you post pic of current Roxy.
Donot forget it, i am curious... :D
Btw, you should be happy because Roxy is not a picky eater, you can easily change her diet to the good one.

J H

5 Year Member
Her diet is now bad at all now. Spring mix / other greens / grass / flowers and occasional zoo med grassland

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
My goal is to stop or at least slow the pyramiding. In the beginning between scutes looked like an inverted pyramid now it's much more of an oval shape so I hope it's working!!
Good luck!

Kasia

Poland
She came to me fairly pyramided and weighed about 185 grams on 4-16-16. Was in a 10 gallon tank totally dry substrate. These pics are from the prev owners I will post current one tomorrow when I get a minute.View attachment 183195View attachment 183196Another question I have is she eats everything all the time! I have heard people say they stop when full. She usually eats until it's gone! And I give he a large pile of greens in the morning and after the nightly soak. She eats everything in pretty much 1 sitting.
Lil miss FatiBumBum:eek::eek:

J H

5 Year Member
Here are some current pics of roxy. FYI I am 6'5" 280 lbs ( like the Sudanese sulcatas bigger than normal)and larger hands than the prev owner who was average size. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg Believe it or not the pyramiding seems to be slowing with new growth.

J H

5 Year Member
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg These are a few more of her before I adopted her. These were taken 4/9/16.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Fantastic job!! Wow that tank was way to small!!

J H

5 Year Member
He's a little weight progress list
4/16/16. 183 grams
4/26/16. 205 grams
5/2/16. 241 grams
5/20/16. 250 grams
5/25/16. 278 grams
6/4/16. 335 grams
7/11/16. 385 grams
7/18/16. 400 grams
7/21/16. 423 grams
8/7/16. 475 grams

The dates are obviously random. Weighing happend when I remembered / had time. All were taken after a soak / poop. Always on the same scale and weighed 3-4 times per check to make sure it was right.