4 year 5 month update with sum pics :)

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cali
Hi everyone. I not always on but i feel i need to come back and thank you guys for helping me raise my torts via advice. Anyways, theyve gotten big lol. I tried as best as i could to prevent pyramiding but i bought them with pyramiding already and my tort noobiness probably added some on top of that as well. Heres pics of the 2 torts i still have at my place. (Sold the other 2 to my cousin because they were getting big! And. They were a lot of work.

FYI they followed me into my front yard for some reason. I guess they just dont like grass on sundays lol. So i put some watermelon bits and mazuri on a plate which they trashes.

Here is George
4 years
14.5 inches
Weight: N/A
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432515673.822252.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432515703.340514.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432515814.549956.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432515834.050277.jpg

Here is Georgina
4 years
9 1/2 inches
Weight: N/A

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432515942.172473.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432515957.956553.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432515973.006419.jpg

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
Perhaps I am not seeing this correctly but the tort looks dehydrated.

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
Oh wow i didnt check the post. Well if he does look that way then thats not good but i assure you he has water accessible at all times. Hah yes that little dog is awesome!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't see that they look dehydrated but maybe a little dry. Do you soak them or give them a humid hide to sleep in? The pyramiding, not bad at all in my opinion. As they grow, if you keep providing some good humidity, it, pyramiding, will probably show even less. Be very careful though keeping them together if you are. The little one may not be getting all it needs and may very well be why she is so much smaller at the same age. Otherwise beautiful torts.

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
Hi, thanks Wellington! Yea they sleep in a den of dried grass thats a bit moist but it dries quickly. Especially this summer. It was so hot that they wouldnt go out all day until it was almost dark. I dont feed them as often because they go out themselves and eat grass after the heat goes down. And they have access to fruits that fall from my trees. Persimmons, guavas and apples. I still give them mazuri and the occasional lettuce but grass is what they go for. They usually during day in my backyard and at around 4 they go out and start eating till the sun starts going down then they go back into my backyard to their sleeping spots. The big one cant bully the little when theirs tons of grass everywhere :))