3 Toed acting strange after Baytril

Status
Not open for further replies.

thea lester

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans, LA
Sophia, my old 3toed gal just got a clean bill of health on Tues after a week of baytril injex for a Resp. Infection. She had no bacteria on her gram-stain. However, as of today she is acting strange and her eyes look odd: constricted pupils and her irises are wide and glassy. I found her submerged and keeled sideways in her bath today, eyes wide open. Thought she was dead until i touched her but even then she was slow to respond. She got out an hour later and dug a hole, not in her usual spot, face first, fanny in the air and has parked like that for the night. I covered her up with some sticks and I'll check on her at dawn.
Anyone seen anything like this?
Will this worrying ever end? :)
Thea

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Did the little stinker find a hidden stash of shrooms growing outside? Sounds like she might be having a bad trip lol.. But on a serious note, I hope someone helps answer your question. Is she at least eating, pooping and active for most of the day?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Maybe she has plain had enough.....the baytril is a good and effective treatment but can be very hard on their body, especially kidneys....I would be sure to increase your warm water soaks to each and every day and for no less than half an hour.....so very important due to the recent treatment.....

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I use Baytril all the time and have never seen this. I agree that the antibiotics can be hard on their systems so soaks might help. Is she eating?

thea lester

5 Year Member
New Orleans, LA
Shes eating, today she seems totally normal (thank goodness!) and I am still soaking her at least an hour every morning.
Alma, that's super funny about the shrooms, because honestly that had crossed my mind cuz there are various fungi and lichen that they eat in their enclosure! I know it's safe for them to eat them, but Juanita was acting kind of weird and biting at piece of wood repeatedly the other day and it did make me think maybe she was "tripping" LOL.
Who knows what goes on in their mighty little brains...
Thanks y'all,
Thea

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Glad to know that she's much better! Honestly, the way you described her behavior was pretty hilarious but I was still pretty concerned. Now let's try and keep her away from the glowing purple mushrooms from now on :D

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
Glad to hear she's feeling and acting better!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.