3 Plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bangkok
Hello :)

So I got these plants and I searched everywhere but I have no idea what they are. They just grew by themselves, but I was curious what they'd be so I let them grow.
Considering I live in Thailand, they're probably some tropical plants. If you have an idea, let me know! (and if they're safe to feed)

This plant has some kind of small fruit that smells like tomato (but it doesnt look like tomatoe).

Some kind of vine, but I have no idea which.

Here I'm thinking it might be Ivy Gourd (Coccinia grandis) and it grows very fast. But there are no flowers or fruits yet, so can't say for sure. Would Ivy Gourd be safe to feed to tortoise? (couldn't find anything online)

Appreciate any thoughts. Thank you. :)
Mina

River14

5 Year Member
Three and four absolutely the other one absolutely not so far. ( : Ok Im no zoologist but rather a botanist and the last one is a cert as is the second to last one, the other is possibly unsafe. Can you show the flowers and fruit as they appear? The first looks like a Cape goose berry Physalis peruviana but if its not it will be a disaster possible the fruit but not the leaves, it is indeed in the family Solanaeae, tomato . Are the EDIBLE fruits encased in a light beige dry papery lantern when ripe and the fruit a bright orange an sweet?

The last ones are just fine. One is a Vitaceae (grape family) Rhoicissus tridentata most probably they will have little black fruits which are also 100% safe, the other is a common gourd family the young leaves should be just fine.

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bangkok
Oh, thank you, that has been very helpful!

Number 1 does look like a Cape Goose Berry - if you look on the 2nd picture (click to enlarge) you can see a small laterny like fruit. It's green however, but that might be because it's still small. I haven't tried to eat it (so it's edible for us? :D) but it really smells a lot like tomato. Looking at pictures of Cape Goose Berry, I am pretty sure that it is that one.

The other two plants dont have any flowers or fruits, but if something comes up, I'll take a pic.
Anyway, thank you, that helped a lot. Searched soo long online to find out what plants these could be.

Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.