2nd tattoo???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Joliet,IL
Wanting to get my last name down the back of my left arm, any ideas how bad that hurts and any good fonts?
I already got one across the top of my back

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Hurts like hell on the back of your arm above the elbow! One of mine wraps around the back of my arm and I can tell you that is one tender area!

But I always figure the pain is temporary, the tattoo is forever. Just keep telling yourself that while you're gritting your teeth! LOL

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
Hana ill try! Yeah my buddy has close to the same he said the elbow area felt like death lol

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
i dont have any on my arms yet but the one on my ribs hurt like a mother..... lol

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Don't know about top of arm but got my wrists tattooed and didn't hurt at all, neither did bottom of my leg (by my ankle!) :)
Then again i enjoy the pain of it.

Can't see it hurting that much. :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Firefighter? do they allow visable tats? Where I work, its frowned upon... something to consider when getting Inked..

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
do you know women handle the pain of tattoos easier than men?..it's a fact!....i always thought mine felt like a bee sting...and my sister fell asleep while getting hers..she said it was relaxing...but then again..she has 4 kids all born naturally....what is your last name...the length of it would determine the type of lettering you should use

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
Weirdly enough I kind of enjoyed my last one, and as far as I know it is okay to have

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My niece just got a portrait of Marilyn Monroe (I have no idea why) all down the back of her arm. It has a ton of detail and she didn't complain about the pain. I think some people consider it painful and some don't. She seems almost addicted to it. Is that possible?

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Snapper925 said:
Weirdly enough I kind of enjoyed my last one

I can't figure out what it is about getting a tattoo, but once you get one you crave another and then another. Getting inked creates some kind of strange euphoria for many people. I can't say that I'd get a tattoo just to get a tattoo. I'm not into just random tattoos or whole body art. Mine have to have a special, personal meaning to me. But everyone has their reasons and I'm good with that. I love to go to tattoo shows and see all the different art and artist.

As far as tattoo's being acceptable at work and elsewhere-they can kiss my lilly white **s if they don't like it.

I had a discussion years ago about tattoos with a supervisor, I was a union representative at the time. My reply was if someone is discriminated against for showing a tattoo then I want a rule requiring every single employee in the company to stop wearing jewerly, make up, perfume and cologne too, as well as anything else that may be considered "personal adornment". That was the end of that problem.

Mine aren't seen unless I want them to be, but not because I am worried about what my employer's or other people's opinion is, but because my tattoos are personal, for me, not for everyone else. But I might one day put some out in the open for all to see.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Sadly GB we live in a world where people judge each other. I believe this is because they are insecure. The older I get the more I find this to be true. Although tattoos are becoming more exceptible there are still a lot of employers and others that are predudice towards tatts. The only time it bothers me is when you can see them on players during high school sports. In California you have to be 18 to get a tatt, so I don't think they should show during games.
Sorry if I went a little O/T Snapper.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Angi said:
Sadly GB we live in a world where people judge each other. I believe this is because they are insecure. The older I get the more I find this to be true. Although tattoos are becoming more exceptible there are still a lot of employers and others that are predudice towards tatts. The only time it bothers me is when you can see them on players during high school sports. In California you have to be 18 to get a tatt, so I don't think they should show during games.
Sorry if I went a little O/T Snapper.

I do agree Angi-Sad probably, insecure most likely, ignorant for certain! Insecurity and ignorance fosters prejudice which often leads to discrimination. That prejudice may be based on race, sex, physical handicap or in the case of tattoos and piercings-appearance. Once you deny an individual or a group what others with the same qualifications are entitled to it then becomes discrimination.
I will certainly be one of the first to admit that some people get some really stupid tattoos, often on a whim. But they're the ones that have to live with it for the rest of their lives, not me.
The age for a tattoo in New York State is also 18 years old. You cannot get one at a younger age, parental consent or not. Interestingly, you can get pierced at any age in New York State. If you're under 18 years old a parent must be present and sign a consent form.
I've seen plenty of high school kids with tattoos here too. Some pretty nice and tasteful, some just dumb. I'm not promoting people under 18 getting tattoos, some people make some dumb, off the cuff decisions at that age. But I think it has much more to do with the individual than the age. Some people, even at 16-17 have more common sense than some 30-40-50 years olds that I know.

Like comedian Ron White says: "You can't fix stupid".

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
On the topic of people being judged by tattooed, just a little bit ago I believe in a magazine. It showed a guy with tattooed all over his arms. Then it showed him in his work uniform
He was a surgeon!! But most people judging his tattoos would of never guessed that :)

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
It's hard to believe that in this day and age with all we supposedly know and how much we have advanced as a species that there are still people judging others by old stereotypes, but I guess there always will be. A tattoo artist that a co-worker of mine goes to is actually a pediatrician Monday-Friday and a tattoo artist on the weekends! His work is amazing. He is the same person with or without his lab coat on. Some of my tattooed friends (that I also ride motorcycles with) are teachers, a lawyer, a school nurse, truck drivers, carpenters and a resturaunt owner just to name a few. They all seem like regular people to me!

lisalove

10 Year Member!
Southern California
A very interesting topic for sure! I find it interesting that you can get body piercing at any age as long as you have parental consent.
To put a different spin on it, I have a 12 year old niece walking around with a pierced tongue, lip, nose and eyebrows-REPEAT 12 years old! All because her mother wanted to upset her father---need I say during the divorce!!!!! Now, she can only be home schooled and her mom is irritated she’s always home.
When someone learns how to fix stupid, I’d like to buy that book for some family members!!!! ;)
I love her, ornaments and all!

As for the back of the arm tattoo, pull a few hairs out back there and multiply by 100-hurts a wee bit!!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I had an employee who was covered everywhere a long sleeve shirt and pants covered. He also has tattoos where his hair covers. I didn't care and I am pretty traditional, but upper management is often made up of older and even more traditional types. I was going to get a tattoo but the hub says I can't convert if I end up wanting to.
I say old english font is too common. Graffiti font is really neat. http://graffitiboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/graffiti-font-printouts.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.