$25 and a pain in the butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
So I was getting some supplies from Home Depot and on the way home I saw garage sale. I stopped by and saw two cat trees.

I looked at them, and then asked her how much. She said "15 for that one and 10 for the other". I went "WOW what???" in my head.

Oh, forgot to add. The big one wouldn't fit in my car the first trip. So I came back, still wouldn't fit and I finally decided to just tie it down on top of my car, that was the pain in the butt part. 3 Car trips home.

So I got them and am pretty pleased with them, oh I *guess* the cats are too.

Lily (4) is the black Tortie at the top-left. Callie (22) is a Calico/tortie mix, under Lily. Max (2) is a Maine Coon/Tabby mix laying stretched out, bottom right. Ajay (4) is a marbled Bengal/tabby mix laying in the circular spot at the top. And Saber (3-4)a foster cat sitting down next to the circular tube/closet.
000_0013-1.jpg

They seem pretty happy with it. Callie yawning in this one :p
000_0003-6.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

I would sell my soul for a deal like that. My cats have been wanting a big tree like that for a long time...good job!!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
HOLY CRAP!!!! Are you SERIOUS?!?! Those things are over $100 new!!!

You are one lucky duck, lol! TOTALLY worth the three car trips home ;) My cats would be eating their hearts out!!!

(Fatty McFat Fat all sprawled out in the bottom front there in the first pic is cracking me up, lol.)

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
kyryah said:
HOLY CRAP!!!! Are you SERIOUS?!?! Those things are over $100 new!!!

You are one lucky duck, lol! TOTALLY worth the three car trips home ;) My cats would be eating their hearts out!!!

(Fatty McFat Fat all sprawled out in the bottom front there in the first pic is cracking me up, lol.)

Hey now, he is not fat, he is just big boned, ya...

It has minimal wear too. The 4 posts on the bigger one have some scratch wear, but mine are going to scratch there anyways I'm sure and it isn't bad at all.

The one on the right is pretty much brand new, I don't see any wear or tear.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
You are so lucky, I am still looking yearningly at those trees whenever I am at Petsmart...too expensive! GREAT deal you got!

We bought a couple of those cheap canvas-cube type cat playhouses at Target and our "big-boned" beauties love to explore, stalk, and mostly nap (with the fabric sagging precariously) on the roof sections...:D

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Stephanie Logan said:
You are so lucky, I am still looking yearningly at those trees whenever I am at Petsmart...too expensive! GREAT deal you got!

We bought a couple of those cheap canvas-cube type cat playhouses at Target and our "big-boned" beauties love to explore, stalk, and mostly nap (with the fabric sagging precariously) on the roof sections...:D

Lol yep, I know all about the sagging. Are those the ones with like a Fabric or is it actually wood/carpet? If the fabric ones I didn't bother to get one because of the cats claws constantly getting stuck and ripping it. Does it work good?

http://www.target.com/s/181-3277798...&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchPage=1

Like that?

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yeah, kind of like those only they stack, with plastic connecting tube frame piece-thingies. :rolleyes:

They're made of fairly thin canvas/polyester fabric, like tent fabric. :p

The cat "condo's" you bought are way nicer, more sturdy, durable and functional. Be glad.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Stephanie Logan said:
Yeah, kind of like those only they stack, with plastic connecting tube frame piece-thingies. :rolleyes:

They're made of fairly thin canvas/polyester fabric, like tent fabric. :p

The cat "condo's" you bought are way nicer, more sturdy, durable and functional. Be glad.

Oh you bet I am glad :p. I almost didn't drive down the street too because they had construction going on, fate!

I can't wait until I finish my custom cat tree and work out a way to incorporate the big one with it for a big play area. The small one will go in my room, in hopes the cats won't sleep on my face -.-

I made 3 of these blue boxes. They also have 3 sides that go up a little higher, so the cats can lay on top too. I plan to put them on 1 ft, 3ft and 5ft posts. And I will have platforms/crossbeams they can climb on as well.
4Youngins.jpg

And Hericane (past foster that was adopted last Christmas) laying on top.
Hericane16.jpg

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Seiryu said:
The small one will go in my room, in hopes the cats won't sleep on my face -.-

Ha ha, yeah right. Like a cat tree in the bedroom is gonna make a lick of difference :p

Status
Not open for further replies.