2000 Dead Birds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston
I heard 1 pos. reason was a hail storm...Pretty crazy ha?

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
There was also 100,000 drum fish that died in the Arkansas river,in the Norrthwestern part of the state.

There was also 100,000 drum fish that died in the Arkansas river,in the Northwestern part of the state.

There was also 100,000 drum fish that died in the Arkansas river,in the Northwestern part of the state.

russianhenry

5 Year Member
Texas
I was just watching that on the news, they said it might have been a hailstorm or lightening.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have heard hail storm, lightning and or the dispersant used in the oil spill. no clear reason yet.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
it happened at night when they should have been roosting.. there is a thought that the new years fireworks startled them, but why they died? unknown. flew into something?
very strange.. black birds and starlings are what i saw on the news.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
We have storms, high winds, hail, lightning, and fireworks all the time but we don’t have 5000 birds drop out of the sky. I'm not buying their reasons. Very strange. Now more in LA. The fish don't make sense either if its disease why would they all die at the same time one time.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
I'm betting on an environmental poisoning either on purpose or accidental...fish and birds are extremely sensitive...wonder if any amphibians have been found dead also?

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
I thought poison two, but they claim the birds had no poison in them that they died from blunt trauma. It’s going to take up to a month to test the fish.

mango matto

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
The fish that died were only one species. If it were poison there would have been other dead fish as well. It all seems a bit fishy to me.. Ba Doom Tshh

Status
Not open for further replies.