2 year old leopard tortoise

schumacherl88

Location (City and/or State)
Durand, Michigan
We have a 2 year old tortoise we just purchased from Florida n will be having in shipped to us which I am located in Michigan... My question Is what should the humidity and overall temps should be for all sides of the enclosure .... and if house in a 40 gallon tank what is a good way of keeping these temps to where they are supposed to be... we are woking on purchasing a tort table or building one but for the short time want to make sure I have everything together right ....

Attachments

• 49207CDD-DE0E-426E-A191-C3E2E1648927.jpeg
    49207CDD-DE0E-426E-A191-C3E2E1648927.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 30

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Please check out our dedicated leopard thread for care.
1. What is size and weight of the leopard?
2. No tank will be big enough gotta think bigger like 4’x8’. Mobility aids in digestion
3. How was it raised? High humidity and temps are best dry raised or “as in the wild” can be bad for the tort.
sorry forgot to say Welcome!

schumacherl88

Durand, Michigan
Thank u I’m assuming by the nu of tortoises they have outdoors n idk on weight or size I can message them to get this information the 40 gallon is only temporary til we can build a indoor enclosure or buy a custom maid one cause if u know how michiga get we can offer an outdoor living space cause of the ups n downs of our weather

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
A large Rubbermaid tub would be better and cheaper for a temp enclosure. For Michigan you are a ways off for summer so you would have time to build it. The indoor could be the summer project. How did you find this tort? BTW I have one Russian and one male Leopard!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We have a 2 year old tortoise we just purchased from Florida n will be having in shipped to us which I am located in Michigan... My question Is what should the humidity and overall temps should be for all sides of the enclosure .... and if house in a 40 gallon tank what is a good way of keeping these temps to where they are supposed to be... we are woking on purchasing a tort table or building one but for the short time want to make sure I have everything together right ....
Check this out for all the care and feeding info:

schumacherl88

Durand, Michigan
A large Rubbermaid tub would be better and cheaper for a temp enclosure. For Michigan you are a ways off for summer so you would have time to build it. The indoor could be the summer project. How did you find this tort? BTW I have one Russian and one male Leopard!

I found it off one of the tortoise pages on Facebook n checked with people for references n they had good reviews we didn’t want get another hatchling

schumacherl88

Durand, Michigan
They are housed outside she has the on a variety diet along with mazuri tortoise diet n she just measured n weighEd it today for me she also said she wasn’t 100% sure but thinks it could be a female but still too young to tell

Attachments

• BCACB811-7203-48EC-B81D-1E6E79969389.jpeg
    BCACB811-7203-48EC-B81D-1E6E79969389.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • C4E3FE0B-B80B-4F3E-B7C4-30A2E55EBB24.jpeg
    C4E3FE0B-B80B-4F3E-B7C4-30A2E55EBB24.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12