2 kinda silly questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hi all,
just wondering, even though I feel that I know the answer, I will ask. Will 2 RedFoots that both have pyramiding have a potential to throw a pyramided baby? Now I know most is due to wrong diet and that in and of itself should not be hereditary. But could it cause changes in the adults to affect the offspring? I have 2 RF that both came to me with that condition, and now Jack,after a year together, is really interested in Petey, very interested. Jack is 14, I have had him for 7 yrs, and Petey is at least 12, but I have only had her for about 2 yrs.
and on the my second question. I have my torts inside for winter and ouitside as soon as it gets warm(probably at least another good month or more) I am not in any way looking to breed, but could it just happen without any help as far as changes in husbandry on my part? They have a pretty big outdoor enclosure with some hides etc. and not sure what else someone would have to add to make a better breeding enviorment.Not that I want to mine you.
But come on it's just not that easy right? Therefore we all would have babies if we had a boy and girl right??
Thank you
Nadine

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
No and its nature....lots breed, lots of eggs get layed, but if they arent in the proper situation they wont hatch..
I would suggest either getting Very educated about eggs and incubating, seperate them so they Dont breed or take the eggs out if any get layed and destroy them. leave the breeding and raising to the people who know how to do it well.
Nothing personal.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Thanks Laura, I certainly agree with you to leave it to the ones who know. I would hate it if I actually did somehow have babies and not know how to take care of them. Great idea to watch for eggs and never take a chance.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.