Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
:<3::tort::<3:
Thank you Josh for making this forum and thank you all who support it :) I dread to think what my tortoises would look like without the support of so many people on this forum :) Keep up the great work everyone this is an awesome place to learn

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
@wellington & @Tom were the first two members that reached out to me. So a big thanks to them for helping a newbie. Also want to thank @lisa127 who I met in person to get a wonderful boxie named crush, she gave me great advice on keeping boxies :) the rest of the forum: you provide a lot of entertainment, advice, and ideas so thanks to you all!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I don't know who to pick! You guys are all so awesome! Without any of you, this couldn't happen.
I nomiate @wellington and @Team Gomberg for introducing me to the python siphon, @AustinASU and @Anthony P for all their help, @Jacqui and @Yvonne G, @AmRoKo and @dmmj for getting me laughing, @jaizei for helping us harass Nickypoo, @AbdullaAli, and of course, @russian/sulcata/tortoise for having so much 'swag'. :D
You guys are AWESOME, and I'd like to nominate a list of people like @Tyanna, @lisa127 and @lismar79,becuase they are just so great :D
Thank you @Josh, for making this possible!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Well my first thanks has to go to @ascott because he was the first member I still see around who welcomed me here (and let me tell you how hard it was to find my original welcome post on here!).
Next everyone on chat (I wont even try to tag people since I know i'll forget someone and people come and go: you people made me feel welcome here)
Thank you @russian/sulcata/tortoise for being younger than me on chat so people cant make fun of my age :p
and thank you @Tom in the beginning when I first got a reply from you I was like "woah what did I do wrong"... well actually in fact I was doing everything in care wrong but that's not the point, you just say it as it is and really care about the tortoises and are one of the most experienced people on here.
@Yellow Turtle01 and @AbdullaAli because I consider you both friends.
@Yvonne G and @Jacqui who over they years I think are 2 of the more notable people in advising me, and basically keeping franklin alive.
And everyone else, because this forum wouldn't be what it is whithout all of you!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I can't pick just one member! All I know is this site has helped me raise healthy Redfoots! I love it here! I have referred this site to many people but wish I had a business card to hand them, because I stalk people at pet stores who are thinking about buying or parents at our school who I know raise their torts totally dry and wrong after talking with them. Drives me crazy. I even give this site to CL sellers.

So I guess I would like to nominate @Tom for his passion in teaching us the new way to raise smooth torts and @Yvonne G for all the rescues she takes in even though she doesn't have a money tree growing in her backyard! I love to many people to mention!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I've made some good friends here and I greatly appreciate the experiences shared, the animals we share in common, and time others take to comment or share.
I'd like to thank @Yvonne G for answering a bajillion plant identification questions I've asked. Lol
I'd like to thank @Team Gomberg for her kindness, inspiration, directions, advice and friendship. She rocks. Seriously.
I'd like to thank @Tom for providing so much experience and the tough love when people need it.
I'd like to thank @Greg T for two of my favorite little leopards. They are exceptional little torts. He was so helpful in my startup with them and even when I had questions later with incubation.
I'd like to thank @tortadise for all the help with my millions of questions and direction when I was incubating and setting up new lighting. Always so nice and helpful. Oh and hilarious, mustn't forget hilarious. Hahaha
I'd like to thank @exoticsdr for the leopard egg and Russian pair. Incubating, hatching, starting this little leopard has been an incredible experience and I am forever grateful!
I'd like to thank @Cowboy_Ken for his sense of humor, advice, and direction on various topics that's have come up since becoming a member. Good guy, that bacon lover. Hahaha
I'd like to thank @Saleama for adopting one box turtle and providing him with a turtle paradise.
I'd like to thank @mike taylor for his direction and advice on various topics as well.
I'd like to thank @wellington for being ever present and positive.
I'd like to thank @Moozillion for also being ever present and positive. There are some people here that just bring a great vibe to the forum and all of the above are just a handful of them. I may have to add to this because there are more of you!
Like @Ashes @tortdad @lismar79 @smarch @Yellow Turtle01 @verda @russian/sulcata/tortoise aka swaggyswagboy newt nickypoo. @AZtortMom And @AbdullaAli for all of his perspective and insight from the other side of the world. And @bouaboua for being so jolly and kind. And @diamondbp for answering questions and nice! And @sissyofone for being so nice. She gave me several plants and adopted a box turtle in need that I played middle man for. Hi Maria!--waving-
I'm probably forgetting some of you, forgive me!

Last edited:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am not going to thank anybody who has already been thanked. :p I think we need to spread these thanks around a bit so nobody feels left out. My first thank you goes out to not just one person, it's all the new folks who do ask those same questions over and over again. You constantly remind me of what it's like to be first getting into tortoises. You keep reminding me of the basics, thank you.

Since I need to name one person by name here's to @terryo (I don't recall anybody thanking her yet) who always inspires me with her tortoise enchanted wonderlands.

Prairie Mom

I've loved reading this thread! -What a nice pick-me-up. :D

Our Sulcata joined our family in, what we feel was, a very surprising and special way. Often our close friends will tease us and joke that "Divinity' gave us our tortoise." (I agree!) We've gained so much by caring for this sweet creature and the friendships I've made here on this forum are tops on the list.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped me on my very first "HELP!" thread. Your kindness, suppport, and guidance were exactly what we and our tortoise needed.
@ascott -you've made me grin many times througout my reading. Thanks for everything you contribute
@wellington -thank you for all the helpful and advice you gave me and the help you regularly offer to others
@Jabuticaba -You have such a fun personality and love for animals. Thank you for your guidance and support.
@Jodie -Thank you!
@Gillian Moore -Thank you!
@4jean -Thank you!
@Tom - Thank you for the patient help you gave me when I was getting started, and for the many laughs and interesting ideas you always post on the forum. I feel like I've come to know you through the many posts I've read. I think so highly of you.
@Yvonne G - I think this forum would be lost without you. We'd all be lost souls looking for the lighthouse that is Yvonne:) I can't even guess how many animals you've saved and the friendships you've made. I consider you among my friends and have really enjoyed getting to know you.
@AbdullaAli Thank you for the guidance you gave me when I was just getting started. You are such a kind and interesting person. Thanks for the fun political exchanges, my name in Arabic, and the poetry.
@littleginsu - Thank you for the support and excitement you instilled in me when I was just getting started. I think your goody trading thread is a brilliant idea and love reading your comments throughout the forum.
@KatieandKyle - Thank you!
@Moozillion - I think you should be the forum cheerleader ;) ha hah You are always so positive and fun. Thank you also for your excitement and support as I was just getting started.
@kmartin - Thank you
@bouaboua - It is has been a pleasure getting to know a little bit. I think you and your wife must be pretty special people.
@leopard777-Thank you! I don't expect you to even remember commenting on my thread, but I appreciate it and always think you have such interesting things to say on the forum.
@sharkstar -Thank you!
@AbbyLee22 - Thank you!
@jmill -Thank you! I really appreciated you sharing your story with me:)
@Lyn W - Thank you!
@Rick's Sullivan - Thank you for all the support and laughs. I will always picture as that weird little "muscle man" cartoon.:)
@lismar79 - Thank you for all the help getting started. I still think you have the best closed chambers. I also feel a connection to you for all the things going on in your life. I wish your family the best!

Yes, the list continues:D There are a few more people that I'd like to take this opportunity to thank...
@Turtulas-Len you always have such interesting posts. I'm always an "eager reader" when I see there is a new post from Len
@Kenno -you're always so nice and such an artist in the greenhouse and garden:)
@Blake m - I had to ask "one of those questions" that newbies usually feel embarrassed asking and you went out of your way and even took a photo to help me out. Thanks for all you contribute to the forum.
@Iochroma - thank you for the wealth of knowledge you pour out into the forum's soil:)
@phebe121 - thank you for reaching out to me with such kindness. I'm amazed by your home of animals and consider you a friend.
@ALDABRAMAN thank you for the amazing photos you always share. The love and compassion you show your tortoises is a pleasure to see.
@Tyanna - You are such a kind and interesting person. I love to read everything you write. I've planted my "friendship flag" on your Moon and claimed you as one of mine! ha ha
@jaizei- for the funny sarcastic posts that make me grin and the patient guidance you have given me when I needed your perspective most.
@puffy137 - it has been such a pleasure getting to know you. I've loved interacting with you and learning about your life!
@russian/sulcata/tortoise - This forum would not be half as enjoyable if you weren't here. I haven't bumped into you in awhile, but always think you are so funny and have been impressed by your compassion for these animals.
@Yellow Turtle01 - your talented and funny. I love the pictures you always find. I'm glad you're here on the forum:)
@maggie3fan - I feel I've come to know you personally in recent months. I admire you for the strength you have inside of you, love to read your posts, and aspire to have the relationship you and Bob have. I think you are pretty amazing. Thank you for being my friend.
@Jacqui - I think I'd have a little tortoise-shaped hole in my heart if you weren't here:) I feel like I've come to know you through your typing and absolutely love the person you are! I'm so glad I've come to know you and consider you a dear friend.

-Sorry for the novel, everybody! But sometimes it feels really good to let a little gratitude out! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I've loved reading this thread! -What a nice pick-me-up. :D

Our Sulcata joined our family in, what we feel was, a very surprising and special way. Often our close friends will tease us and joke that "Divinity' gave us our tortoise." (I agree!) We've gained so much by caring for this sweet creature and the friendships I've made here on this forum are tops on the list.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped me on my very first "HELP!" thread. Your kindness, suppport, and guidance were exactly what we and our tortoise needed.
@ascott -you've made me grin many times througout my reading. Thanks for everything you contribute
@wellington -thank you for all the helpful and advice you gave me and the help you regularly offer to others
@Jabuticaba -You have such a fun personality and love for animals. Thank you for your guidance and support.
@Jodie -Thank you!
@Gillian Moore -Thank you!
@4jean -Thank you!
@Tom - Thank you for the patient help you gave me when I was getting started, and for the many laughs and interesting ideas you always post on the forum. I feel like I've come to know you through the many posts I've read. I think so highly of you.
@Yvonne G - I think this forum would be lost without you. We'd all be lost souls looking for the lighthouse that is Yvonne:) I can't even guess how many animals you've saved and the friendships you've made. I consider you among my friends and have really enjoyed getting to know you.
@AbdullaAli Thank you for the guidance you gave me when I was just getting started. You are such a kind and interesting person. Thanks for the fun political exchanges, my name in Arabic, and the poetry.
@littleginsu - Thank you for the support and excitement you instilled in me when I was just getting started. I think your goody trading thread is a brilliant idea and love reading your comments throughout the forum.
@KatieandKyle - Thank you!
@Moozillion - I think you should be the forum cheerleader ;) ha hah You are always so positive and fun. Thank you also for your excitement and support as I was just getting started.
@kmartin - Thank you
@bouaboua - It is has been a pleasure getting to know a little bit. I think you and your wife must be pretty special people.
@leopard777-Thank you! I don't expect you to even remember commenting on my thread, but I appreciate it and always think you have such interesting things to say on the forum.
@sharkstar -Thank you!
@AbbyLee22 - Thank you!
@jmill -Thank you! I really appreciated you sharing your story with me:)
@Lyn W - Thank you!
@Rick's Sullivan - Thank you for all the support and laughs. I will always picture as that weird little "muscle man" cartoon.:)
@lismar79 - Thank you for all the help getting started. I still think you have the best closed chambers. I also feel a connection to you for all the things going on in your life. I wish your family the best!

Yes, the list continues:D There are a few more people that I'd like to take this opportunity to thank...
@Turtulas-Len you always have such interesting posts. I'm always an "eager reader" when I see there is a new post from Len
@Kenno -you're always so nice and such an artist in the greenhouse and garden:)
@Blake m - I had to ask "one of those questions" that newbies usually feel embarrassed asking and you went out of your way and even took a photo to help me out. Thanks for all you contribute to the forum.
@Iochroma - thank you for the wealth of knowledge you pour out into the forum's soil:)
@phebe121 - thank you for reaching out to me with such kindness. I'm amazed by your home of animals and consider you a friend.
@ALDABRAMAN thank you for the amazing photos you always share. The love and compassion you show your tortoises is a pleasure to see.
@Tyanna - You are such a kind and interesting person. I love to read everything you write. I've planted my "friendship flag" on your Moon and claimed you as one of mine! ha ha
@jaizei- for the funny sarcastic posts that make me grin and the patient guidance you have given me when I needed your perspective most.
@puffy137 - it has been such a pleasure getting to know you. I've loved interacting with you and learning about your life!
@russian/sulcata/tortoise - This forum would not be half as enjoyable if you weren't here. I haven't bumped into you in awhile, but always think you are so funny and have been impressed by your compassion for these animals.
@Yellow Turtle01 - your talented and funny. I love the pictures you always find. I'm glad you're here on the forum:)
@maggie3fan - I feel I've come to know you personally in recent months. I admire you for the strength you have inside of you, love to read your posts, and aspire to have the relationship you and Bob have. I think you are pretty amazing. Thank you for being my friend.
@Jacqui - I think I'd have a little tortoise-shaped hole in my heart if you weren't here:) I feel like I've come to know you through your typing and absolutely love the person you are! I'm so glad I've come to know you and consider you a dear friend.

-Sorry for the novel, everybody! But sometimes it feels really good to let a little gratitude out! :D
How can I not agree with you more?? Not for the part about me but everything else............Great post! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.