1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Five Years of Tortoise Forum!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Josh, Aug 15, 2012.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Ask questions, share answers, talk torts! TFO Admin 10 Year Member!

Location (City and/or State):
    Redlands, CA
    It was five years ago today that I started TortoiseForum. I can't believe it's been that long - I've met so many awesome people, learned a thing or two about something I initial knew nothing about, and helped others learn something too.
    Thank you to all of you - you all are the heart and soul of this community. You're a motivating and inspiring force. Thank you to our INCREDIBLE VOLUNTEER moderating staff. Without these folks the very fabric of our community would come undone.
    I look forward to MANY more years of this great community and website. We've grown in SO many ways. We've outgrown more than a couple servers we've survived a troll attack or two (or three or four)!
    I'm eager to see what the next 5 years holds for TFO. I promise to continue to do my best to help the community grow and continue to help others. Thank you for the opportunity to help. This is an incredible community and I'm extremely proud of what we've built here.

Sincerely,

Josh
  2. Kristina

Kristina Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Cadillac, Michigan
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    YAY FOR TFO!

I was just talking about this yesterday, but the thing that I REALLY love about TFO is that we have used it to not only improve the lives of tortoises around the world, but we have truly built a culture around tortoise keeping. We tortoise lovers aren't considered quite so odd any more ;) We have shown the world how rewarding and wonderful it can be to have a tortoise, and how to enhance their lives with beautiful indoor and outdoor enclosures and gardens that aren't just utilitarian, but works of art that contain living turtles and tortoises.

Here is to another fantastic five years. I am proud to call so many of you my friends!

And thank you, fearless leader, for starting all of this. It is amazing!
  3. Tom

Tom The Dog Trainer 5 Year Member Platinum Tortoise Club

Southern California
    My favorite part is the learning. We have so many members from so many different parts of the world. We are answering some of the questions that were really unanswerable in a practical sense without TFO. The ability to try new things, share what is learned with others, learn what happens with their animals, make tweaks and continually advance and learn more and more, is just fantastic. The ability to share our results and watch others duplicate them with the same success is unheard of anywhere else. There has never been an opportunity for learning like this anywhere in the world at any time. We have a great team here and I hope it continues forever.

Thanks Josh. Thanks to the moderator team. Thanks to all the members, new and old.
  4. terryo

terryo Well-Known Member 10 Year Member!

Staten Island, New York
    Very exciting! Congratulations Josh. I've been on TFO since it started and I've learned so much, made some great friends, and always have a place to go when things get too tough for me. Thanks to the wonderful moderator team, and like Tom said thanks to members new and old. It's been a great ride!! Hope to have many more years here.
  5. blafiriravt

blafiriravt Member 5 Year Member

Vermont
    Congratulations!
    And I thank you as well. I myself have gained a wealth of knowledge from everyone here. I have met some really cool people here, that I know I wouldn't have otherwise. Here's to TFO for forever more! :D
  6. chase thorn

chase thorn Member 5 Year Member

Colorado Springs, CO
    Congrats! :) If it weren't for this forum, there would be a lot of unhealthy torts! This is the number one way of getting any and all the information on these awesome creatures!
  7. feline8

feline8 New Member 5 Year Member

MD
    Congrats! This forum has a great community and I learned a lot about all types of tortoises. :)
  8. JoesMum

JoesMum Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Kent, South East England
    Congratulations!

Thank you Josh for starting TFO and thanks to the Mods for doing such a great job.

I have learned so much here and I'm sure I will continue to do so.
  9. wellington

wellington Well-Known Member Moderator 5 Year Member Tortoise Club

Chicago, Illinois, USA
    HAPPY 5 TFO AND JOSH .Thank you everyone for such a great place to learn, chat, teach, console and just plain laugh. I am so happy and we are all so fortunate to have this great forum. Cheers to all the hard work Josh and all the Mods do. Cheers for everyone who takes the time to answer the threads, share your concerns, questions, answers and pictures. I'm proud to be a member of such a great caring community.
    Wishing all the best and another 5+ years.
    CHEERS:)
  10. Zamric

Zamric Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

The Crystal Unicorn
    Happy 5th! (5 is my Lucky Number!)

Thanks Josh! I have been a memeber just under a year now and I have learned more about Tortoise Husbandry than the last 6 years tending to WalkingRocks daily wants and needs.
  11. Laurie

Laurie Active Member 5 Year Member

Saratoga County, New York
    Congratulations! Also a big thanks to everyone who contributes to this site. I'm glad I found my way here :)
  12. TortoiseBoy1999

TortoiseBoy1999 Active Member 5 Year Member

Palmdale CA
    Great job with everything Josh! Congrats!
  13. kathyth

kathyth Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Beaumont, CA.
    I am new to this site and cannot thank everyone enough for their helpful information in the care of tortoises.
    I just love this.

Thank you, Josh for making it happen!

Congratuations on 5 years!!
  14. drgnfly2265

drgnfly2265 Well-Known Member 10 Year Member! 5 Year Member

FLORIDA
    Congrats!

I can't believe it's been this long! So I've been on here for about 4 1/2 then? Wow, time does fly!
  15. aznwinx

aznwinx Member 5 Year Member

Congrats! I am new myself but I've been loving it here! Hope this continues for years to come.
  16. ahhwataday

ahhwataday New Member 5 Year Member

Rockville, VA
    Thank you very much and Congrats!

When I first learned about Sulcatas this site was not available. There was mostly opinions instead of facts out there and now I feel I can properly take care of a tort
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.