What kind of tort is this?

Annaliisas

5 Year Member
I found this little guy wandering down the road! I was told its a Russian tort. Any clues? I have a Sulcata and have them separated. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1414459265.079525.jpg

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Russian tortoise. Unless you live in Russia, that was indeed a pet at some time. Very dark coloring, he's so pretty! :D

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
It boggles my mind that...how many times I have read on this forum, that people post that they have found tortoises wandering??!!? Thank god for the people who find them and make the effort to find the owners. But I'm wondering are these people doing a deliberate act of releasing an unwanted tortoise or was it truly just an accident.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I thi
It boggles my mind that...how many times I have read on this forum, that people post that they have found tortoises wandering??!!? Thank god for the people who find them and make the effort to find the owners. But I'm wondering are these people doing a deliberate act of releasing an unwanted tortoise or was it truly just an accident.
i think it's just people not properly making enclosures, and they escape. Most people don't know how well they escape, my enclosures are very secure had no escapes yet I still head count and feel one day they may find a weak spot. lol

Kyle

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Someone either is really upset that their Russsian tortoise is gone or they are thinking that he has dug down to hibernate and do not realize that he has escaped. Post flyers in the neigbhor, but do not describe the tortoise. If someone calls have them describe their missing tortoise. He is sure a dark pretty one.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I have hardware cloth above and below so my tortoise isn't going anywhere :)