Tortoise food

Bobbyott

I know everyone on here says to get mazuri 5m21, my local petsmart only sells Zoo Med Natural Grassland Tortoise Food. Is it the same or should I mail order Mazuri and if so from where?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
No, it's not the same, but it's very good. Mazuri (or any manufactured diet for that matter) is not necessary. Your tortoise can get along just fine without it.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
You can order directly from Purina. I use Mazuri and ZooMed Grassland to supplement my winter diet.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I use both, both the Mazuri is preferred by my tort.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I know everyone on here says to get mazuri 5m21, my local petsmart only sells Zoo Med Natural Grassland Tortoise Food. Is it the same or should I mail order Mazuri and if so from where?

Both of these are good and they do different things. The Zoomed is a good way to a,end grocery store greens and make them better for your tortoise. It adds needed fiber and variety.

The Mazuri is a good food in itself. It can be mixed with other stuff, or fed out plain. Some pet stores will special order a one pound bag for you. If not, try tortoisesupply.com. I've done business with them many times and rate them an "A".

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
I buy a lot of my supplies from Amazon.com. They are usually cheaper than the online retail pet stores and offer free shipping if you have a prime account.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Save yourself some money and buy in bulk. If kept dry, it's easy to store.

Free shipping on 25 lbs from the Company, for $31.00, not too bad.

Mazuri® Tortoise Diet is a high fiber diet designed for dry land herbivorous tortoises such as gopher, sulcata and Galapagos tortoises. This diet may be used with other herbivorous reptiles as well.

http://www.mazuri.com/mazuritortoisediet.aspx