Zoo Med grassland tortoise food

Fraudhawk

Location (City and/or State)
Kuwait
Is Zoo Med natural grassland tortoise food similar to Mazuri? I've heard good things about mazuri and how it can put on weight fast if given too much so I was wondering if Zoo Med natural grassland tortoise food is similar.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!

If I remember right, ZooMed Grassland has somewhat better base ingredients and better crude protein/crude fiber ratio. However, the trouble is that tortoises like it less than Mazuri and it takes time and efforts to introduce it.

Check "Similar threads" block below, there are discussions and tips and tricks how to feed it.

Mazuri is fine to feed a couple of times a week and for introducing new food types to the tortoises (like hay for sulcatas).

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Is Zoo Med natural grassland tortoise food similar to Mazuri? I've heard good things about mazuri and how it can put on weight fast if given too much so I was wondering if Zoo Med natural grassland tortoise food is similar.
No. They are totally different. Both are good when used as a supplemental food source, mixed in with other greens and such.

Start here: