Tortoise Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I have looked everywhere for Mazuri tortoise food and can't find it, does anyone know if Zoo med natural grassland Tortoise food for all Grassland Tortoise is the same thing? Its pellets that you soak in water. I tried it and Hermen didn't want anything to do with it. It sounds like everybodys torts really like the Mazuri. Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Look in the phone book's yellow pages under feed dealers. When you find one that is close enough to where you are, give them a call and ask if they carry Purina Feeds. If the answer is, "yes," then they can order it for you. It is called Mazuri Tortoise Diet, and it is put out by Purina. Trouble is, if you have a baby tortoise, this only comes in a 20lb bag...probably last you for 10 years!

Do a forum search for Mazuri. Somewhere in the past, one of our members was selling it in 1lb bags.

Yvonne

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
A lumber/feed store here in OKC called Lumber 2 sells it in one pound bags. I haven't gotten any of it for mine yet, I got the grassland tortoise diet from zoo med. I think when I run out of it I will try the mazuri. It's a little cheaper here.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Thanks everyone! I don't want to buy a big bag because I don't know if he will even eat it, so I emailed Frank to get a 3 pound bag. It will be nice to give him something other then spring mix this winter.

dannomite

5 Year Member
Hey TortieGal,

The Zoomed stuff is good too though! Maybe get both and have a variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.