Tortoise advice needed

Linzi1977

I agree! I've been looking out for second hand bookcases then I'll build on that, I think a large table is better than a tank

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome.
I 100% agree with @theguy67.
decide on the species and get everything set up as per Tortoise Forum guidelines. (Paying no attention to pet shop information)
Already have your temperatures and humidity, substrate and lighting needs ready before you get your tortoise.
Pet shops will try to sell you all manner of things. Partially because the people working there don't actually know what they are doing. (Usually) And mostly because they are in business to sell things.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Welcome.
I 100% agree with @theguy67.
decide on the species and get everything set up as per Tortoise Forum guidelines. (Paying no attention to pet shop information)
Already have your temperatures and humidity, substrate and lighting needs ready before you get your tortoise.
Pet shops will try to sell you all manner of things. Partially because the people working there don't actually know what they are doing. (Usually) And mostly because they are in business to sell things.
What he said.
Decide on species and whether baby or not.
Get the enclosure built and setup.
Then buy the tortoise. Don't change your mind!

Stormy Bluu

Central Pennsylvania
I would also recommend researching each species of tortoise, before tortoise shopping. Greek, Hermanns, and Russians are different speices with different personalities and needs. I would first do loads of research to decide which species is the best fit for you and your lifestyle. Then start to set up a proper enclosure for that species. Tortoise shopping should be the last item on the agenda in my opinion.