Tiny Tales

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USDA Zone 4a+
While Tnys mouth is opening already before I can even set his big butt down. Lol
Our little Odin is getting more like that every day! When he is grazing in his garden and we have to relocate him to another area for whatever reason, he rarely retreats into his shell anymore, he just keeps chewing whatever he has and resumes biting the second he hits the ground again. :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Our little Odin is getting more like that every day! When he is grazing in his garden and we have to relocate him to another area for whatever reason, he rarely retreats into his shell anymore, he just keeps chewing whatever he has and resumes biting the second he hits the ground again. :D

THAT is why sulcatas are so awesome!!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
They really are! Recently he has not only continued with the chewing, but he also continues to move his legs as if he still walking when I pick him up. Absolutely hilarious and adorable!
You really are a wonderful sulcata "servant!" :p :p :p

Chantel

5 Year Member
Yuba City, CA
They really are! Recently he has not only continued with the chewing, but he also continues to move his legs as if he still walking when I pick him up. Absolutely hilarious and adorable!
Mine don't hide, they do the walking thing, and frequently pee on me too. :-/

Alaskamike

South Florida
Tiny growing fast lately. Doing patrols in his enclosure

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439055661.740657.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 51

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Is this burrow still working for you? Since my sulcata didn't dig one this year, I think I'll be building the plastic container one. It's been so dry here and the containers with water in his house isn't doing much for humidity it seems.

Alaskamike

South Florida
Is this burrow still working for you? Since my sulcata didn't dig one this year, I think I'll be building the plastic container one. It's been so dry here and the containers with water in his house isn't doing much for humidity it seems.
Yes
He spends his time in the burrow unless he's patrolling or eating.
He really seems to like the last one with a 24x24 wooden box. It's about 2' down
He comes out of there covered in dirt , so I suspect he's excavating it even deeper ( I left the floor open to the dirt so he could )
It gets so hot here in summer , and our humidity stays from 70-100 %
Probably closer to the 100% mark in his cave :)

Snads

5 Year Member
Hi I'm new to the forum, but I've been taking care of tortoises for some time. I really like the burrow you made. I was wondering if you have had any flooding problems with it when it rains?

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I meant for the plastic tub burrow, he better like that wooden one. I plan on digging one tomorrow, except I'm going to lay down bricks for the back portion and the sides. Thank you sir!

Alaskamike

South Florida
Hi I'm new to the forum, but I've been taking care of tortoises for some time. I really like the burrow you made. I was wondering if you have had any flooding problems with it when it rains?
Yes & no
I does fill up with water occasionally when we get constant downpours
The first time it freaked me out a little
But he just walked on out. An hour later it soaked in. He went back down to a muddy mess but seemed to rather like it. Came out later covered in mud. I don't worry about it now.

The bottoms are open to the dirt , so they drain into the soil. We have sandy soil here that drains well.

The walls & top of tunnel are plywood so they can't cave in and bury him

The Rubbermaid one worked well till he outgrew it

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Here's my replica. I wanted to make it out of things I already have. Nothing fancy, but it'll work for a while!

Attachments

• 1439228237993.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 1439228276794.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 51

Alaskamike

South Florida
Have to make entrance to Tiny's box wider. Cause .... He's getting wider
By Next year year graduate to the big enclosure. For sure.
I think he can get through one more winter with this box.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440861594.399757.jpg