Thinking about getting a second tort

Sandy Martinez

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio
I'm thinking of adopting a second tort. I have a russian 2 yrs+ and a friend of mine has a hermanns however her living situation is changing and she feels it would be best to find a home for him. he's only 1+. I know its not a good idea to keep them together but I was wondering if it would be ok to put a divider in my enclosure to house them both there til next spring. My enclosure is 8x4 I actually thought it was more like 6x4 but I measured it and v
getPart
erified it is 8x4. Here is a pic of it I value your advice on this -- I just want happy healthy tortoises.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
my concern was the size of their enclosure -- that would reduce their enclosure from 8x4 to 4x4 if I divide it. I wasn't sure if that would be enough room for them?
Not for long term. But until you can build another, add on or at the worse, until you can get them out in the summer.

Sandy Martinez

5 Year Member
San Antonio
ok thanks -- at least for these next 5 months or so then I can work on dividing the outdoor enclosure.

Sandy Martinez

5 Year Member
San Antonio
Not for long term. But until you can build another, add on or at the worse, until you can get them out in the summer.
one more question for you, I know each species carries pathogens indigenous to itself -- is there a chance that those pathogens could make the other species sick? being housed so close together, same enclosure but with a divider? I've uploaded a pic of the closed chamber. I just want to make sure I think this thru before I decide to get the little guy.

Attachments

• 20151120_153034 (2).jpg
    20151120_153034 (2).jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 6