Tails

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
This. Thread. Is. Absolutely. Hilarious. Who needs TV when you have tortoise butt-watchers??!?!
(My Hermann's, Elsa, walks with hers down!) :)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Keep looking at tortoise butts people!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
My male greek's tail is always on the side (except when I carry him and probably when he poops :p)

Reserchbeforecommitment

10 Year Member!
My almost two year old sulcata was incubated to be female, she us too little to tell but, she always has her little tail poking straight downwards.;)

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
My little (4 inch-ish) sulcata walks with his/her tail swinging back and forth like a dog.... Confused tortoise. "Here doggy doggy"
2 of the quads do this. Their little tails just swing from left to right, it's the cutest thing ever. But the other 2, they keep theirs tucked up and I don't ever see their tales.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Wow! Looking back at the trio's tails...they had such long tails! Well they still do but not quite so long per their size hahaha. And the three of them have longer tails than summer who is older and looks very female.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Looking at my female red foots they walk with their tails swing back and forth . The male has his tail tucked up .

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
*sigh* Shelly has her tail tucked up all the time. I think she is a he. :( I'm waiting to be flashed :(
Jury is still out on the other two

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hey we maybe on to something! This thread has been running a long time . My Dozer has not flashed any male parts as of yet and her tail is straight down all the time .

chaseswife

5 Year Member
Shrimp's tail has been mostly down this evening, but has been pulling it to one side or the other occasionally. Never all the way tucked up. Guess I will check back in a couple of years...

Attachments

• 20140924_210159.jpg
    20140924_210159.jpg
    675.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20140924_210235.jpg
    20140924_210235.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 1411619033389.jpg
    1411619033389.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39

Tyanna

Wisconsin
My male wags his tail as he walks and tucks it to the side all the time! I have a Russian!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I have a Russian as well, and he always walks with it too the side occasionally switching sides (I guess one cheek gets tired of it every now and then :p) and when he climbs his log and basks from the top his tail points straight down almost like a third leg supporting him... his tail is quite long! I've never been flashed but i'm sure he's male. I think guys tuck them to the sides not only to "protect" but also because in Nank's case his tail would end up bent if he walked with it down... I mean its a long tail!!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
So anyone been flashed by a tortoise with a tail that is tucked to the side yet?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Geez, I keep forgetting. As soon as it's warm enough for them to be out longer, I will try to remember to look at my leopards Butts. I have two females and one male, all confirmed, so will see what they do.

Randi

Canada
I have a yearling (?) Cherry Head (4") and it walks with tail tucked up and to the side. The tail is tucked and points to the left. The only time I notice it down is when there is a bowel movement.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
One of my Sullies was confirmed female and her tail was always pointed down as a hatchling. We might on to something:)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I think my second one in line is female too. I don't know what I will do with myself if I end up with 3 females!