Scammed? I feel sick.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I just called the number. On the voice recording, I couldn't quite make out the first name. Maybe Gale but the last name sounds like Schultz. I left message, I was interested in a sulcata.
I don't sleep well and up at all different times of the night. I will wait for a call for a day. Then call her all thru the day and night. Until she blocks me, then use my landline,Rose's and Nanay's phone. I will ask Rose to use her voice. I will recruit my 4 son's to do the same.
Is she still on FB and did she use a company name?
This will be the last time I post here about it, unless something good comes of it. I don't want it to keep reminding you of your bad situation with her.
I'm a trainer. Bad primate behavior needs to be punished. You get a cookie today. Several cookies. And I owe you a cookie for the paint mystery. You can give that cookie to whoever earned it.

Tinytortmama

North Carolina
I just called the number. On the voice recording, I couldn't quite make out the first name. Maybe Gale but the last name sounds like Schultz. I left message, I was interested in a sulcata.
I don't sleep well and up at all different times of the night. I will wait for a call for a day. Then call her all thru the day and night. Until she blocks me, then use my landline,Rose's and Nanay's phone. I will ask Rose to use her voice. I will recruit my 4 son's to do the same.
This will be the last time I post here about it, unless something good comes of it. I don't want it to keep reminding you of your bad situation with her.
On FB as Mia Charlotte and likely other names too.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
On FB as Mia Charlotte and likely other names too.
While certainly possible this person is a woman, I would give it pretty long odds on the scammer being a man, who probably deals with a lot of other scams as well, but uses a female name, and probably even got a female voice to do the voicemail, on this particular scam they run, because people feel more trust worthy buying babies from a woman. A scammer is going to play on that idea of someone getting a picture in their head of a maternal, caring woman - that’s the person they want to buy babies from (this applies to most animal scams I’ve seen, the exception being “tough “breed puppies they want from tough men).

Maryville Tennessee
I’m concerned that I paid someone who seemed very legit for a tortoise that will never arrive. I’m gutted and feel sick to my stomach 💔 She sent me pics and prices of several torts of different kinds.
I am so sorry. I reached out to a “rescue and Rehome” group on fb and I got bad vibes. She would not call and speak to me in person so glad I didn’t sent $.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I traced the number its registered to Commen D Schultz Mayo, That person passed in March per an Obituary I found. I'm guessing someone either hacked that number or a family member is up to no good.

NTTD

The Great Basin
yes, that is exactly what she does :(

While certainly possible this person is a woman, I would give it pretty long odds on the scammer being a man, who probably deals with a lot of other scams as well, but uses a female name, and probably even got a female voice to do the voicemail, on this particular scam they run, because people feel more trust worthy buying babies from a woman. A scammer is going to play on that idea of someone getting a picture in their head of a maternal, caring woman - that’s the person they want to buy babies from (this applies to most animal scams I’ve seen, the exception being “tough “breed puppies they want from tough men).
Came here to say this!

There's no guarantee that the scammer is a woman at all (odds are "she" isn't). Also the scammer is likely not local to the FB area (likely not even from this country). If there is an address or person associated with the account It's probably a stolen identity.

I traced the number its registered to [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX], That person passed in March per an Obituary I found. I'm guessing someone either hacked that number or a family member is up to no good.

Be careful about doxing "scammers" when you find some info. You may be "exposing" people who had nothing to do with the scam. Effectively a "guilty until proven innocent" situation.

Most scammers are at least smart enough not to use their own info.

EDIT: spelling

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Tha
Came here to say this!

There's no guarantee that the scammer is a woman at all (odds are "she" isn't). Also the scammer is likely not local to the FB area (likely not even from this country). If there is an address or person associated with the account It's probably a stolen identity.

Be careful about doxing "scammers" when you find some info. You may be "exposing" people who had nothing to do with the scam. Effectively a "guilty until proven innocent" situation.

EDIT:
Came here to say this!

EDIT: spelling
Thanks for the advice “new member”

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So true

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Well I for one am thrilled that she's concerned enough to make sure that YOU have a clue Ray, aren't you? I like when my criminals worry about the animals they aren't selling, makes me warmy inside.

2 cents worth of minor contribution....these folks are pros at this....do we really think they haven't had someone "come after" them? Really? Like maybe every single person they ripped before this time?

Let's be frank....they prey on those buying with hope, not sense(sry Tiny, no offense). They will be scrubbed long before anyone cares enough to do anything. No cop is busting down their door and no DA is worried about a minor scam so what do you do? Beat them up, "trash them on the internet"?

I'm kinda curious what the answer is b/c it's the point where I was able to just let it go....I couldn't decide what to do. I knew exactly where the guy was.....but killing him seemed a bit like overkill, pardon the pun.

At some point, I just get to sit back and watch the fun.....who has the popcorn?

PS
and don't knock the new guy.....I was there last week it seems...LOL

Tinytortmama

North Carolina
Well I for one am thrilled that she's concerned enough to make sure that YOU have a clue Ray, aren't you? I like when my criminals worry about the animals they aren't selling, makes me warmy inside.

2 cents worth of minor contribution....these folks are pros at this....do we really think they haven't had someone "come after" them? Really? Like maybe every single person they ripped before this time?

Let's be frank....they prey on those buying with hope, not sense(sry Tiny, no offense). They will be scrubbed long before anyone cares enough to do anything. No cop is busting down their door and no DA is worried about a minor scam so what do you do? Beat them up, "trash them on the internet"?

I'm kinda curious what the answer is b/c it's the point where I was able to just let it go....I couldn't decide what to do. I knew exactly where the guy was.....but killing him seemed a bit like overkill, pardon the pun.

At some point, I just get to sit back and watch the fun.....who has the popcorn?

PS
and don't knock the new guy.....I was there last week it seems...LOL
None taken! I’m not normally so naive 😂Yes, I’ve moved on. Not worth it! I honestly think this person is not even in the US. With all the conversations I’ve had, the English has gotten more awkward. Sucks for all the other people who have been taken or will be, but sadly it’s not at the top of list for law enforcement. I certainly should have known better!

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
None taken! I’m not normally so naive 😂Yes, I’ve moved on. Not worth it! I honestly think this person is not even in the US. With all the conversations I’ve had, the English has gotten more awkward. Sucks for all the other people who have been taken or will be, but sadly it’s not at the top of list for law enforcement. I certainly should have known better!
It just means you think the best of people, it's not a bad thing.