Redfoot Hatchling is lethargic

RALilley

Location (City and/or State)
US
Hi everyone. We gave a Redfoot hatchling that joined our family in January. She was doing ok up until we moved her into a new home. Now she's very lethargic and doesn't want to move or eat. At first I thought it might be stress but I'm at a loss. She doesn't have puffy eyes or bubbles coming from her nostrils/mouth. I don't hear any weird sounds when I hold her close to my ear.

I picked up carrot baby food last night and have soaked her in that last night and today. Any suggestions? Is this stress and do I need to be more patient?

Thank you in advance for any tips or advice!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lots more info needed. Pic of enclosure. Temps all over and basking needed along with night temps. What's the humidity? What type of lighting and heating your using?

Bee62

Germany
How long is your baby in his new enclosure? Torts mostly react with shyness and sometimes loss of appetite when they are in a new enclosure.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
They will sulk for awhile when their surroundings change I've learned. Even the smallest change. It happened with my RF. Just give your tort a few days it should be back to its old self.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi everyone. We gave a Redfoot hatchling that joined our family in January. She was doing ok up until we moved her into a new home. Now she's very lethargic and doesn't want to move or eat. At first I thought it might be stress but I'm at a loss. She doesn't have puffy eyes or bubbles coming from her nostrils/mouth. I don't hear any weird sounds when I hold her close to my ear.

I picked up carrot baby food last night and have soaked her in that last night and today. Any suggestions? Is this stress and do I need to be more patient?

Thank you in advance for any tips or advice!
How long has it been lethargic? When placed into a new environment they need time to adjust. 1 to 2 wks is not unusual.
Double check your temperature is between 80/90f preferably 82/88f. Check your humidity is 80%+, and make sure the enclosure is not too bright. A uvb tube light over the feeding area is all the light you need. Heat with a CHE on a thermostat.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
How is she doing now? Any pics of her and the enclosure? You got some good advice about the conditions she should be kept in, that is priority No. 1 if she is not sick with something otherwise that we don't yet know. Take care of her temps, humidity, lighting, diet and enclosure first thing.