Pretend Chat 2.14

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well just had to let go a employee. Drug test came back dirty . He was a good guy . Drugs will get you every time . Can't smoke the weeds and have a good job . When you work for the city as a contract company you can't be smoking the weeds . The bad part is I know this guy . Feel bad for him but it's out of my hands . ( shakes head ) That's the down side to being in my shoes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
In 10 days Jacqui will be celebrating her 10th Forum anniversary. 10 and 10 - Must be gonna' be a lucky day for Jacqui.

The older I get the less I want to leave the house. I like to run errands early morning before it gets hot, but I don't like to go. It's a real fight with myself to get ready and go. I finally left about 8a or so and just got home at 11a. Had to stop off at Harbor Freight to pick up a new sump pump. The one I've got in the snapper pond stopped working. Bank, post office, store - whew! finally finished. Now I've got to put all the groceries away.

The two prizes for the 100,000th posts here in the chat were mailed today.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I've been sick all week, the sort of nastiness that hits the digestive system hard. I really wish I hadn't committed to doing a garage sale this weekend, but it IS the citywide garage sale, the best time to get a BUNCH of people out to this small town. - Plus we have extra Eclipse traffic rolling right past the house. Wish me luck and bring me coffee! :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Misty, Sterling and Little Missy Kitty allowed me to sleep in this a.m. I didn't get up until almost 7a. What's this world coming to?

Today I have a yard inspection at 10a and then a little later an acquaintance from long ago when I was part of the turtle club here is bringing me her two CDTs. She has some bad stuff going on in her life right now and needs to free up some of her time. I just adopted out my last CDT, so I have space right now.

It's going to be another hot one, in the triple digits. Another day goes by without me getting any of my outside work done.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Yvonne did you see the new member Iris who posted those turtle/tortoises she has. She thought they were redfoots in the CDR. I think she needs help ID them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne did you see the new member Iris who posted those turtle/tortoises she has. She thought they were redfoots in the CDR. I think she needs help ID them.

Yes, I moved her posts and subsequent responses to the "introductions" section. They are (or at least one of them is) Central American Wood turtles.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Morning! Things got busy yesterday with bringing home 45 bags of cypress mulch and a small chest freezer. Debating if I need another load of mulch. Everybody near is out, so I have to get it in Lincoln.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

Yes and my work it is. Borrowed my daughter's pickup, but had wanted Jeff home incase I broke it. Otherwise would have had it brought home before now. About once a week I was getting six bags or so with my car. Nice to get a full load at a time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You need to make that a condition of your daughter getting her truck back. "Come get your truck, and by the way, stack the bags over there, please."

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Today was a busy day for the rescue. I did a yard inspection this a.m. for a box turtle adoption. Daryl brought me a deformed RF tortoise that he found in the foothills. Then Christi and her family came and adopted 4 juvenile 3-toe box turtles, and even though I tried to refuse, gave me $50 donation. You can see pictures of the RF tortoise here:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/found.160133/

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Josh is coming down to help Jeff, so the temp forecast is now up to 98.