Pretend Chat 2.14

Greta16

Location (City and/or State)
Western Maine
Yes, it did have a pinkish hue..since Its been winter I've been buying her shop food and yes, dandelions are a staple. Last evening for the first time I was able to pick some dandelions popping up outside. That's what she had for breakfast this morning .

Greta16

Western Maine
Yes, it did have a pinkish hue..since Its been winter I've been buying her shop food and yes, dandelions are a staple. Last evening for the first time I was able to pick some dandelions popping up outside. That's what she had for breakfast this morning .
It was pinkish cloudy clear if that makes sense.

Greta16

Western Maine
Sounds like nothing more than a heavy dose of dandelions then. Make sure you don't only feed them, but otherwise don't worry :)
Thanks. I mix it up and give her lots of different stuff but I can't always tell what she's eaten. Usually by the time I get home from work her foods flattened out from her laying on it. Maybe she prefers the dandelions. I put more food in than she can eat. In the next month or so I should be able to get all her food from outdoors! That will be a lifesaver. Thanks for the help.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Several years ago Margaret P gave me all her Texas tortoises because she was getting too old to be able to safely go into her backyard to care for them. Her visiting son brought her to my house today to see her tortoises. She had some of them for over 40 years. This is Margaret, Gayle and me (Margaret is 95):

Margaret Patterson.jpg

Greta16

Western Maine
Several years ago Margaret P gave me all her Texas tortoises because she was getting too old to be able to safely go into her backyard to care for them. Her visiting son brought her to my house today to see her tortoises. She had some of them for over 40 years. This is Margaret, Gayle and me (Margaret is 95):

View attachment 206218
That is so nice. Was she very eager to see them?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That is so nice. Was she very eager to see them?

She misses them very much. Was so glad to be able to see them. I also have two 3yr olds from eggs laid by her tortoises. That woman just amazes me. She doesn't wear glasses. She's a bit hard of hearing, but gets around so well for her age. And her mind is just as sharp as can be.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good Monday and another rainy one here today, but the sun may peak out this afternoon.

Last edited:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Nope, the instruction booklet specifically tells me I can't get off the mower while it is running, and likewise the reverse. It specifically says you have to take it out of "mow" if you put it into reverse, and if you don't, it dies.

There's a show on cable that you ( @mike taylor ) and Maggie ( @maggie3fan ) might be interested in. It's on tonight. I saw an advertising for it on the History Channel. It's called Counting Cars. looks interesting. It's on tonight.

http://www.history.com/shows/counti...+cars&ef_id=WA9nLwAABNSvi9NE:20170429155809:s
I been watching that show for years.

Alicia Hoogstra

My weekend was really rough! I had my brothers (38yrs old) memorial Fri, my phone died Sat and yesterday I woke up with an assessed tooth! Seriously wonder sometimes what next?!?!?!?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have a bad case of the lazies today. It's hard for me to turn off this danged computer and get moving. I don't have any special plans. The wind finally died down yesterday so I sprayed Round-up on both pastures, then I had company and didn't do anything the rest of the day. Today since it's not windy, I think I'll use the leaf blower and clean up around the house a bit. I still haven't finished getting the leaves off the roof of the metal garage. Gotta do that before the metal starts to degrade. But climbing up and down the ladder is hard for me. I adopted out a young desert tortoise yesterday and the mom told me her teen-age son would be more than willing to come help me around the place. But it's so hard for me to ask for help. Not only that, but what if he fell off the ladder. Nope. I'll just muddle through on my own.

I have the lumber to replace the grape stake fence in the box turtle yards. A few weeks ago I started unscrewing the stakes from the 2x4s. Since they were down into the ground a few inches, they stayed in place (the perimeter of their yard is all completed and fenced in, but the separators to keep the species separate still need to be replaced). Then last week the wind started up, and the unscrewed stakes have all fallen over. So all my box turtles are mixed up together. So that's another project I need to take care of.

The next time William comes up from San Diego he's going to replace three fence posts in the privacy fence between my pond and my next door neighbor. Since the existing posts are in cement, it's not an easy job to replace them. He's also going to help me figure out where to put two or three additional quarantine pens for when I get in rescues.

Well, time to get moving. Later. . .