Pretend Chat 2.14

Greta16

Location (City and/or State)
Western Maine
I am jealous you haven't had to. I have already mowed the house zone three times this year and shoulda mowed it again yesterday.
Today is finally nice. 73 degrees the grass is green, and most of the snow is gone! Hermie had her first outing actually in the grass (me sitting, her between my legs).

1493411506916.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My grandson came to town yesterday evening and brought the great grandkids (and his wife) over to see the tortoises.

Cody 4-28-17.jpg Cyrus 4-28-17 a.JPG

SO was more interested in sampling Cody's yellow shoes than eating the strawberry.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I just love my little toy riding mower! The only two things I don't like about it is I have to turn it off when I get up to open a gate (it needs pressure on the seat to stay running) and it doesn't mow in reverse. It's been too windy to spray Round-Up, and with all the rain we've had, the weeds have really taken off in the pastures. Today I mowed both of them. ONly took about a half hour. Then when I was coming back up I decided to do the desert tortoise yard too. I found two little seedling fir trees in the pasture. I mowed around them. Now I've got to remember to take water out there to them occasionally.

I'm going to start my pasture walking again tonight. I think/hope that will get my stamina back up and give me more energy to get my work done.
Look at the key hole . You should be able to turn the key to get it to mow in reverse . As for the pressure on the seat you should have a break lock to hold it in stop . Set that then you can get up and do whatever you want and it should stay running.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Look at the key hole . You should be able to turn the key to get it to mow in reverse . As for the pressure on the seat you should have a break lock to hold it in stop . Set that then you can get up and do whatever you want and it should stay running.

Nope, the instruction booklet specifically tells me I can't get off the mower while it is running, and likewise the reverse. It specifically says you have to take it out of "mow" if you put it into reverse, and if you don't, it dies.

There's a show on cable that you ( @mike taylor ) and Maggie ( @maggie3fan ) might be interested in. It's on tonight. I saw an advertising for it on the History Channel. It's called Counting Cars. looks interesting. It's on tonight.

http://www.history.com/shows/counti...+cars&ef_id=WA9nLwAABNSvi9NE:20170429155809:s

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Yesterday I put an open invite on Facebook asking if any of my Spokane friends would like to join me for lunch. The result? I'm eating sushi with my favorite person in Spokane...myself. Screw 'em. I've got plans to see the only 2 friends who contacted me last week when I announced my trip tomorrow so there's that at least.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yesterday I put an open invite on Facebook asking if any of my Spokane friends would like to join me for lunch. The result? I'm eating sushi with my favorite person in Spokane...myself. Screw 'em. I've got plans to see the only 2 friends who contacted me last week when I announced my trip tomorrow so there's that at least.

You have friends? Dang I am jealous

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's still raining and cold. Tomorrow all day could have a snow rain mixture

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Nope, the instruction booklet specifically tells me I can't get off the mower while it is running, and likewise the reverse. It specifically says you have to take it out of "mow" if you put it into reverse, and if you don't, it dies.

The company has to say that for liability reasons. You just have to Macgyver it.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
The company has to say that for liability reasons. You just have to Macgyver it.
As stated. My ridermower had the seat-compression switch kill button on it. While in mow, if I reduced pressure on the seat, cutting would end. Realizing it was an on off switch,(the button switch had to be in the compressed position, I simply removed the switch and replaced it with a wire link,(always compressed now) works like a dream.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi NIck. How you feeling after your accident?

Greta16

Western Maine
Any well known members on here that can chat for a sec? I have a question and I'm not sure my member list of who is on here is all that accurate, especially since the time is off.

Greta16

Western Maine
I'm around and can try to help
Well since I can't send a pic in a pm I was wondering if this is something to worry about, because I am. Her urates have always been white. I've seen it a few times so this freaked me out a bit. I know this would be the wrong place for this had I started a thread.

Attachments

• 1493583175437.jpg
    1493583175437.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 11

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Well since I can't send a pic in a pm I was wondering if this is something to worry about, because I am. Her urates have always been white. I've seen it a few times so this freaked me out a bit. I know this would be the wrong place for this had I started a thread.
What's she been eating? Food can affect urate and pee colour. Dandelions, for example, can turn it pink :)

Actually it does look a bit pink in that photo