Pretend Chat 2.14

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Oh, man! I wish I could go with you. But actually going is a problem for me. I'd love to go and do lots of trips, but it's so hard for me to leave my home and animals. Be sure to take lots of pictures for us. I'd really love to go to the tortoise conference thing in Arizona, but it's a pipe dream.
I know. I was thinking of ask you to come along also but I know your daughter are in the treatment now, it will be hard to ask her to come and take care all your torts while you are away. Maybe next time Yvonne.

I will for sure to take lots photo, I'm excited to meet the young Kelly also.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Is this freaking awesome or what ! Cleaning my indoor red foot shed and found this ! One little baby red foot ! Merv the perv is doing his job!

Attachments

• 1475012559347.jpg
    1475012559347.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 10
M

Maggie Cummings

*hugs* I know it is tough to be able to not do anything, but just your being there is helping. She doesn't want help, because that's allowing cancer to win a round in her mind.

No, she doesn't want help because she is her mother's daughter. I'm sorry this is happening to her Yvonne.

M

Maggie Cummings

We are good ! ! ! ! ! Thank you for asking;);)

And we have a trip planed to visit Kelly this weekend. Hooray! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! So looking forward to that! ! !

Nobody will tell you, so wear boots and socks and check for chiggers!!!! I went there for 2 weeks, you are in for a treat. His Mom is awesome.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Sunday when I did my GORUCK event, I managed to run straight into a street sign and get my shoulder good and bruised! My pride was probably hurt more than anything, but I'm still quite uncomfortable.
I also went "swimming" in the ocean up here in RI during the event, and rolled around in sand because the Cadre told us to because we needed to be uncomfortable. Yes I pay to do these things and yes I call them fun.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1475024090.784080.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1475024122.595450.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1475024164.175387.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Nobody will tell you, so wear boots and socks and check for chiggers!!!! I went there for 2 weeks, you are in for a treat. His Mom is awesome.
Thank you Maggie for the tips.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I may go to Kelly's place also . So I may get to meet you Steven . What days are you going to be there?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I may go to Kelly's place also . So I may get to meet you Steven . What days are you going to be there?
I will arrive McAllen airport around 3 PM this Saturday. Get my rental car, and drive about 45 minutes to Kelly's place according to him. I will be there till Tuesday by noon.

I'm excited to meet you also Mike.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is this freaking awesome or what ! Cleaning my indoor red foot shed and found this ! One little baby red foot ! Merv the perv is doing his job!

Wow! Congratulations! Be sure to look for more . They don't just lay one egg.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I know she laid four eggs . So I'm on the lookout for more babies. I'm not greedy . One baby is fine by me .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I will arrive McAllen airport around 3 PM this Saturday. Get my rental car, and drive about 45 minutes to Kelly's place according to him. I will be there till Tuesday by noon.

I'm excited to meet you also Mike.
He is six hours away from my house. I'll probably drive down Friday afternoon.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I'll we see you there then.....On Saturday. Save some beer for us...:D:D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Good Afternoon again TFO. May you'll have a pleasant day at work or home, or work at home. ;););)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good Afternoon again TFO. May you'll have a pleasant day at work or home, or work at home. ;););)

My day's half over. I just don't have the stamina I used to have. I can only work outside until lunchtime. Misty starts pestering me at 11a, her meal time, and by that time I'm so tired I'm ready to give in to her. But I'm quite happy to have something to do. I love building fences and making tortoise yards. I'm sorry to see my rustic-looking grape stake fence go, but so many turtles were escaping and I couldn't find the escape route, so it's time for a new fence.

Good bye grape stake fence:
box turtle fence 9-28-16 a.jpg

You can see how the existing fence on the left in the picture is leaning. I don't think I have enough lumber to replace the inner fences that separate the subspecies, but I do have enough to replace the whole perimeter fence.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
My day's half over. I just don't have the stamina I used to have. I can only work outside until lunchtime. Misty starts pestering me at 11a, her meal time, and by that time I'm so tired I'm ready to give in to her. But I'm quite happy to have something to do. I love building fences and making tortoise yards. I'm sorry to see my rustic-looking grape stake fence go, but so many turtles were escaping and I couldn't find the escape route, so it's time for a new fence.

Good bye grape stake fence:
View attachment 188102

You can see how the existing fence on the left in the picture is leaning. I don't think I have enough lumber to replace the inner fences that separate the subspecies, but I do have enough to replace the whole perimeter fence.
WOW! ! !

That is HARD LABOR Yvonne. I tip my hat to you Yvonne. I tip my hat.....:):):eek::eek::<3::<3: