Pretend Chat 2.14

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My old red ear slider Tuck. I've had this turtle a really long time. You could say we grew up together. I can put my hand in his pond and he will climb up on it . Loves to get head rubs . I was cleaning my pond and took this picture. You can see Hal in the background.

1474848269149.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
@Yvonne G

Do you have good news on the female Greek Tortoise were very sick when you take her in?? Did she make it? I sure do hope so.....:(:(:):):):)

M

Maggie Cummings

My old red ear slider Tuck. I've had this turtle a really long time. You could say we grew up together. I can put my hand in his pond and he will climb up on it . Loves to get head rubs . I was cleaning my pond and took this picture. You can see Hal in the background.

View attachment 187907

They have so much personality. He's lost his red huh?

M

Maggie Cummings

Yeah but taking the shocks off is the easy way. Doesn't look right. And it doesn't stretch the frame out . To give it a longer wheelbase.

Get a Springer front, there's your extension right there!!! You can have a front end so long you can't make a u-turn in an intersection...a ridged frame will add to that can't turn...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good morning! Mike, just so ya know, it's Monday! Almost time for work. Hope you all have a great day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey all.

I'm still working on replacing the box turtle yard's fence. I have one long side and two small sections of the back side left to do. It's been wonderful outside-working weather. And the box turtle yard is in shade most of the morning. I had to re-think my design. I was using 16' corral boards, but because the yard isn't perfectly level, the 16 footers sometimes left a gap. So I've been cutting them shorter. It's just so darned hard in my old age getting up once I'm down at ground level. I used to always sort of laugh behind my hand at old people that had trouble getting up and down. Who's laughing now? I can get down ok, but have a heck of a time making these old legs get me back up. I have a little Rubbermaid step stool that I've been using to sit on while I'm down there screwing in the boards.

rubbermaid-home-420087bisqu-step-stool-by-rubbermaid-home-10-02-attractive-skid-resistant-texture-on-surface-and-four-skid-resistant-feet-ensure-safety-rubbermaid-step-stool-color-bisque-ttractive-ski.jpg

I think I've got all the holes plugged up. So far I haven't found any more wanderers. I think I may be finished by the end of this week. Then I'll take some pictures for you all. I hated to give up the old fence. The grape stakes made a nice-looking fence. But there were just too many escapees.

M

Maggie Cummings

My legs are the same, try getting out of a bath tub. I have to turn around onto my hands and knees, but because of my accident my wrists have no strength so my face is dumped into the water. Showers it is, no more soaking in lavender bath bubbles....poor me....hahahaha

good morning all!!!

She sings sarcastically, Mike's at work, hahahaha. I will do nothing but play with Knobby today........

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah I was at one of our sites and a stupid bird was attacking my trucks back window. I put a video on Facebook. Crazy bird must be one of Maggie's birds . Hahahahaha

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I need to try one of those stools. Haven't been brave enough for months to get down on the ground.