Pretend Chat 2.14

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
you gotta love the germans. They have an old saying about raising kids. and here it is beat your kids everyday because if you don't know why, they will.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It was pretty cold last night. There are three different orange groves in my general area, one to the east, one to the south and one to the west. So I can hear the diesel motors that run the wind machines all around me this a.m. I've got a fire going in the wood stove, but it's having a hard time warming up the house.

Yesterday I went to Tractor Supply to pick up a few more brooder bulbs for my tortoise sheds, just in case, and they don't have them yet this season. I just have to keep my fingers crossed none of mine burn out before spring.

Today is laundry day. Big whoops! I hate folding clothes.

All my baby tortoises are doing well. One of the little Texas babies wants to hibernate, but I keep getting him out and soaking him and placing him in front of the food. Hopefully he'll get the message eventually. When I have baby box turtles, they are always quite shy. I always have to dig them up to soak them. After Will took all the babies home this past October, I had another YF hatch and found a 3 toe in their yard, so I've got the box turtle in with the YF baby. I don't know if having the YF as a good influence helps, but this baby box turtle is very outgoing. He doesn't stay buried all the time, and he comes out to eat when I put the food down. He also eats greens, just like the YF does. I know, I know - "Don't Mix Species!!!" Sorry, but it's, "Do as I say, not as I do!"

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Now just get a few more screens and you'll wonder how you ever managed before.

I don't know what I'd do with more screens. I do have three windows up on Chrome. I guess with more screens I could have them all open at the same time?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I think someone likes their new computer chair.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good morning to you too, Jacqui! Any big plans for your day? I'm still in leaves raking mode.

Yesterday our gardener came and I had him trim up my pepper tree to let more winter sun in my RF enclosure! Yay!! I was so happy!!
Now they can go out a bit longer on those 60 degree days.
Now if I could just get the heat hooked up in their night box!

Yvonne you are always so busy!! Such an inspiration!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It got so cold here one winter that my pond froze all the way across. I've lived here about 20 years, and that only happened once.

I pick a couple oranges a day to eat. I don't pick more at a time because I don't like the taste they develop after they've been picked a while. I love them fresh. So, my orange tree sits there in the cold temperature every night with no wind machine blowing on it, and yet my oranges taste sweet and are juicy. So why does the orange farmer need a wind machine?

Can you tell I'm dilly dallying to avoid going outside?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's raining and warm here . My yard is a swamp .